Prepare to Serve – Progress Report
April has been a fun month. My wife and I finished up our last semester attending BYU. She graduated in Marriage, Family and Human Development. I just need to complete a 280-hour internship this Spring and I will be completely done with my Bachelor’s Degree.
Because of final exams and graduation, we weren’t able to devote as much time to the website as we would hope. That being said, Prepare to Serve still grew through April.
Up to date we have 8,988 mission prep and travel videos on the website.
Some of the most noteworthy events that happened for Prepare to Serve in April included: being featured on KSL’s Mormon Times TV show, Daniel Peterson’s Patheos blog and the LDS missionaries Facebook page.
Starting on May 4, 2013 we are holding weekly team meetings with a few student interns. The interns are helping us index videos, write articles, market, etc. At the end of the summer we will use sponsorship we’ve received to give them a modest compensation.
Other happenings this month:
- Our “Friends of LDS Missionaries,” (Google Plus community) grew to over 330 members (about 150 last month).
- Cougar Dental decided to become a sponsor of Prepare to Serve.
- We received camera equipment from Amazon and can now do interviews as often as we fit in our schedule.
- Google Fiber decided to come to Provo (an answer to a personal prayer!). Once Google Fiber is installed in Provo, it will allow us to upload video interviews to YouTube in a fraction of the time. Whereas it now takes us a few hours to upload 30-40 minutes of high-def (12-14 GB) video to YouTube, once Google Fiber is installed it will likely take less than a half hour. This will help us upload more videos to YouTube.
PreparetoServe.com – Traffic Report
Website Analytics – April 2013
Unique visitors: 10,996 (last month= 5,142)
Visits: 12,560 (last month= 6,306)
Page views: 19,763 (last month= 11,891)
New visitors: 85% (last month= 79%)
Returning visitors: 15% (last month= 21%)
Top Cities (visitors):
- Salt Lake City
- Los Angeles
- South Jordan
- West Jordan
- American Fork
- St. George
- Los Vegas
Search visits: 3,864 (last month= 3,115)
Referral visits: 5,806 (last month= 1,220)
Direct visits: 2,890 (last month= 1,971)
Top Referral Sources:
- LDS Living
- Google Plus
- Google (local?)
- Google Plus
- Cougar Board
- Meet Mormon Missionaries
- OS Mormons
Website all-time stats (November 2012-April 2013)
Unique visitors: 22,835
Search visits: 8,329
Referral visits: 11,809
Direct visits: 8,162
YouTube Analytics – April 2013
Total subscribers: 107
Total video interview segments: 788
Total interactive interviews with RMs/converts: 23
April’s video views: 3,604 (last month= 3,909)
April’s view time (in minutes): 2,510 (last month= 2,796)
Prepare to Serve – Financial Report
Sponsorship/Donations – April 2013
- DearElder.com sponsorship: $100/month
- CTR Clothing sponsorship: $100/month
- LDSBookstore.com sponsorship: $100/month
- Cover Me Modest sponsorship: $100/month
Approximate total sponsorship: $400