Here are free resources about the Argentina Buenos Aires West Mission:
- Mission address and phone number
- Mission map
- Video interviews with returned missionaries
- Missionary blogs
- Facebook groups
- LDS Mission t-shirts and gifts
- List of past mission presidents
- Cultural articles written by returned missionaries
- Survey with RMs
Buenos Aires West Mission Address
Here’s a recent address for the Buenos Aires West Mission. We try to keep this information up to date, but it’s a good idea to check the mission address with several sources, including your mission packet or the mission office.
La Iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de Ultimos Dias; C.C No. 92
1702 Ciudadela, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Phone Number: +54-11-4656-9445
Mission President: President David P. Robertson
Buenos Aires West Mission Map
Here’s a link to the mission map for the Buenos Aires West Mission (LDS). To access the official, up-to-date LDS.org map for the Buenos Aires West Mission
Videos with Buenos Aires West RMs
Here are in-depth YouTube video interviews with returned missionaries from the Argentina Buenos Aires West Mission. We interview hundreds of returned missionaries each year, so check back regularly to see new RM interviews.
LDS-Friendly Videos about Argentina
Here are LDS-friendly educational videos about Argentina. We scoured YouTube to find the best quality videos about Argentina, that are free from inappropriate music, immodesty and profanity.
Buenos Aires West Missionary Blogs
Here’s a list of LDS missionary blogs for the Buenos Aires West Mission. This list includes the missionary’s name, URL and when their blog was updated.
Buenos Aires West Mission Groups
Here are Buenos Aires West Mission Groups- for LDS missionary moms, returned missionaries, mission presidents and other alumni of the mission.
- Buenos Aires West, Carter 2011-2014 Group (429 members)
- Mision Buenos Aires Oeste, Pres. Ramos (200 members)
- Buenos Aires West Mission Friends & Family (99 members)
- Buenos Aires Oeste Mission, Pres. Villarreal (20 members)
- Buenos Aires West Mission Moms (LDS) Group (4 members)
Buenos Aires West Mission T-Shirts
Here are T-shirts for the Argentina Buenos Aires West Mission!
Shirt designs include Argentina Buenos Aires West Mission logo/emblem shirts and Called to Serve shirts. The shirts make great gifts for pre-missionaries, returned missionaries and missionaries currently serving. LDS Mission shirts come in all sizes: Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large, up to 4XL. The mission designs are printed on white shirts and are shipped to you.
*Simply click on a shirt design to view the details and submit an order. The designs on mission t-shirts may also be printed on other LDS mission gifts, including: Argentina Buenos Aires West missionary aprons, Christmas stockings, ties, pillow cases, teddy bears and Christmas ornaments.
B.A.s West Mission Presidents
Here’s a list of current and past Mission Presidents of the Buenos Aires West LDS Mission.
- 2017-2020, Enrique Resek
- 2014-2017, David Paul Robertson
- 2011-2014, Douglas B. Carter
- 2008-2011, Evrett W. Benton
- 2005-2008, Alfonso Ramos
- 2002-2005, Jerry R. Villarreal
- 2000-2002, Ruben Tidei
- 1997-2000, Rick Hall
- 1994-1997, Garry K. Moore
- 1992-1994, Lloyd Richmond
Argentina LDS Statistics (2015)
- Church Membership: 432,007
- Missions: 12
- Temples: 2
- Congregations: 765
- Family History Centers: 107
Helpful Articles about Argentina
- Strong Winds in the Patagonia
- Chacras in the Patagonia
- Tomas is Argentina
- Crime and Safety in Argentina
- Argentine Pasta Sauce “Tuco”
- Argentine Cookies “Galletitas”
- Argentine Barbecue “Asado”
- Pizza in Argentina vs. Pizza in the USA
- Shopping for Food in Argentina
- Building Architecture and City Layout in Argentina
Buenos Aires West Missionary Survey
Here are survey responses from Buenos Aires West RMs, to give you a snapshot into what it’s like to live in the mission.
When did you serve?
- 2014-2016 (Carter)
Which areas did you serve in?
- 25 de Mayo, Ramos Mejía, Santos Lugares, Parque San Martín, La Tablada, and Ferrari. (Carter)
What were some favorite foods?
- Milanesa, Pizza, Empanadas, Asado, and Choripan. (Carter)
What was a funny experience?
- On my first day some toothless guy jumped out of the bushes and started talking to us. I didn’t really understand a lot but I totally thought he was going to let us come by his house and get baptized. We never saw him again. (Carter)
What was a crazy/dangerous experience?
- My companion and I were about to enter into a dangerous neighborhood. As we were crossing the street, we saw a guy come out with a gun and try to car jack this old lady. She ended up taking off without him getting anything, so he came up right behind us. We thought for sure we were toast but luckily he walked right past us and started chatting with a friend. (Carter)
What was a spiritual experience?
- We were teaching a Chinese woman. She had lived in Spain and Argentina for about 20 years but she still had problems with the language. We decided to watch the restoration movie in Chinese with her, so she would understand better. During the part about the first vision, we all felt the Spirit so strongly. We were all in tears. It was really an amazing experience. (Carter)
What are some interesting facts about the Buenos Aires West Mission?
- 75% of the mission is within a very small area of the mission. (Carter)
What was the weather like?
- It was very humid and rained about once a week during both the summer and the winter. The temperatures were never too crazy, but the humidity made everything worse. (Carter)
Any things you really like about the area/people?
- They were very accepting of us and recognized us as servants of the Lord. (Carter)
Any packing/clothing advice?
- Rain gear and stuff to wash clothes by hand. (Carter)
What blessings did you receive from serving a mission?
- I feel like I know my Father in Heaven so much more now. (Carter)
What are some skills you gained?
- Study habits, seeking personal revelation, love the scriptures, personal prayer, social skills, and Spanish. (Carter)
What do you wish you knew/did at the beginning of your mission?
- The Lord will help us do everything he asks of us if we are obedient and trust in his promises. (Carter)
Any advice/testimony for pre-missionaries going to Buenos Aires West?
- Work hard and love your missions. (Carter)
What was a funny language mistake?