Free resources about the Barbados Bridgetown Mission:
- Mission address and phone number
- Mission map
- Video interviews with returned missionaries
- Missionary blogs
- Facebook groups
- LDS Mission t-shirts and gifts
- List of past mission presidents
- Cultural articles written by returned missionaries
- Survey with RMs
Barbados Bridgetown Mission Address
Here’s a recent address for the Barbados Bridgetown Mission. We try to keep this information up to date, but it’s a good idea to check the address with several sources, including your mission packet or the mission office.
Barbados Bridgetown Mission
Phone Number: Coming soon
Mission President: President Alan C. Herrington
Barbados Bridgetown Mission Map
Here’s a link to the mission map for the Barbados Bridgetown Mission (LDS). To access the official, up-to-date LDS.org map for the Barbados Bridgetown Mission:
Videos with Barbados Bridgetown RMs
Here are in-depth YouTube video interviews with returned missionaries from the Barbados Bridgetown Mission. We interview hundreds of returned missionaries each year, so check back regularly to see new RM interviews. Coming soon..
Videos about Barbados
Here are LDS-friendly educational videos about Barbados. We scoured YouTube to find the best quality videos about West Indies, that are free from inappropriate music, immodesty and profanity. Coming soon..
Barbados Bridgetown Missionary Blogs
Here’s a list of LDS missionary blogs for the Barbados Bridgetown Mission. This list includes the missionary’s name, URL and when their blog was updated.
Barbados Bridgetown Mission Groups
Here are Barbados Bridgetown Mission Groups- for LDS missionary moms, returned missionaries, mission presidents and other alumni of the mission.
- West Indies / Barbados Bridgetown / Trinidad Port of Spain (LDS) Group (862 members)
- Barbados Bridgetown Mission Group (104 members)
Barbados Bridgetown Mission T-Shirts
Here are T-shirts for the Barbados Bridgetown Mission!
Shirt designs include Barbados Bridgetown Mission logo/emblem shirts and Called to Serve shirts. The shirts make great gifts for pre-missionaries, returned missionaries and missionaries currently serving. LDS Mission shirts come in all sizes: Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large, up to 4XL. The mission designs are printed on white shirts and are shipped to you.
*Simply click on a shirt design to view the details and submit an order. The designs on mission t-shirts may also be printed on other LDS mission gifts, including: Barbados Bridgetown missionary aprons, Christmas stockings, ties, pillow cases, teddy bears and Christmas ornaments.
Barbados Bridgetown Mission Presidents
Here’s a list of current and past Mission Presidents of the Barbados Bridgetown Mission.
- 2015-2018, Alan C. Herrington
- 2015, West Indies Mission renamed Barbados Bridgetown Mission
Barbados Bridgetown LDS Statistics (2015)
- Church Membership: 303 (Saint Lucia), 260 (Sint Maarten), 376 (Grenada), 908 (Barbados), 215 (Martinique), 492 (Guadeloupe), 600 (Saint Vincent)
- Missions: 1
- Temples: 0
- Congregations: 2 (Saint Lucia), 1 (Sint Maarten), 1 (Grenada), 3 (Barbados), 1 (Martinique), 3 (Guadeloupe), 2 (Saint Vincent)
- Family History Centers: 1 (Barbados), 1 (Martinique), 1 (Guadeloupe)
Helpful Articles about the Barbados Bridgetown Mission
Barbados Bridgetown Missionary Survey
Here are survey responses from Barbados Bridgetown RMs, to give you a snapshot into what it’s like to live in the mission.
When did you serve?
- May 2013 – May 2015 (Taylor)
What were some favorite foods?
- Banan Peze and Pikliz (Haitian food), Bokits (Guadeloupean), Floup (especially “au coco”). (Taylor)
What was a funny experience?
- An insane old Haitian woman (influenced by voodoo) decided to strip down and take a shower right in the middle of the little village where we were teaching a lesson. (Taylor)
What was a crazy experience?
- A drunk guy on the bus got mad at me after I refused to give him 20 euros, then he waved a knife in my face and said “never come around here again or I’ll slit your throat.” (Taylor)
What was a spiritual experience?
- While fasting one time, we found a miracle family. The dad had tried to kill himself a few days before, because he was addicted to drugs and alcohol. So they left everything behind and went into the city to get away from their past life. While going to check up on a recent convert, we found the family, who were relatives. (Taylor)
What are some interesting facts about the Bridgetown Mission?
- If you’re getting transferred, get ready to fly to your next area. (Taylor)
What was the weather like?
- Always warm- even at night- and very humid. Rainy for about half the year. (Taylor)
Any things you really like about the area/people?
- It was the most beautiful place I’ve ever been to. (Taylor)
Any packing/clothing advice?
- You don’t need any warm clothing. Don’t pack any shampoo, body wash, or other hygiene stuff. You can find all that there. You’ll only have one suitcase, so only bring things you absolutely have to bring. (Taylor)
What blessings did you receive from serving a mission?
- I learned French and made amazing friends. (Taylor)
What are some skills you gained?
- Cooking and communication. (Taylor)
What do you wish you knew/did at the beginning of your mission?
- Don’t say the word “hard.” Saying something is hard is just an excuse to not go for gold. (Taylor)
Any advice/testimony for pre-missionaries going to Bridgetown?
- Don’t sit in the apartment when you’re not supposed to. Get out and work! (Taylor)
What was a funny language mistake?