Today three General Authorities joined the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles: Elder Ronald A. Rasband, Elder Gary E. Stevenson and Elder Dale G. Renlund.
Here’s some interesting facts about each of them:
Elder Ronald A. Rasband
- Born in SLC, Utah on February 6, 1951.
- Married Melanie Twitchell in 1973,
- Has 5 children and 25 grandchildren.
- Served as a missionary in the Eastern States Mission from 1970-1972.
- Served as a mission president in the NY North Mission from 1996-1999.
- Served as President and COO of the Huntsman Chemical Corporation.
- Became a General Authority in 2000.
- Served as President of the Utah SLC Area.
- Served as Executive Director of the Temple Department.
- Prior to his call served as the Senior President in the Presidency of the Seventy.
Elder Gary E. Stevenson
- Born in Ogden, UT in 1955.
- Grew up in Cache Valley, Utah.
- Served as a missionary in Japan Fukuoka Mission.
- Married Lesa Jean Higley in 1979.
- Studied Business Administration at Utah State University.
- Has 4 sons.
- His family enjoys skiing, snowboarding, hiking and other outdoor activities.
- Served as President of an exercise equipment manufacturing company (Icon Health & Fitness).
- Served as mission president of the Japan Nagoya Mission from 2004-2007.
- Served in the First Quorum of the Seventy since 2008.
- Served as Area President of the Asia North Area from 2008-2012.
- Prior to his call served as the Presiding Bishop of the Church.
Elder Dale G. Renlund
- Born in SLC, Utah in November 1952.
- Served as a missionary in Sweden from 1972-1974.
- Married Ruth Lybbert Renlund in 1977.
- Has 1 daughter.
- His wife served as the President of her law firm and is specialized in personal injury.
- Received a Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry and an M.D. degree from the University of Utah.
- Served as Sunday School President, Bishop, High Councilor and Stake President.
- Worked as a Professor of Medicine at the University of Utah and as the Medical Director of the Utah Transplantation Affiliated Hospitals (UTAH) Cardiac Transplant Program.
- Worked as a cardiologist, specializing in heart transplants and failure.
- Served in the First Quorum of the Seventy since 2009.