Here’s how to make Ragu (Spaghetti Sauce) from Italy.
For this Italian recipe, here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 can tomato paste
- 2 cans tomato sauce
- 1 celery stalk finely chopped
- 1 carrot chopped
- ½ onion chopped and diced
- 1 lb. ground beef
- Cloves (optional)
- Brown the ground beef.
- Add celery, carrot, and onion and cook together until softened.
- Add tomato paste and tomato sauce, and some water.
- Add spices. Any amount as long as you think it tastes good
- Simmer as long as desired; serve over any kind of pasta noodles.
*Recipe contributed by Jennifer, of the Italy Milan Mission.