Here are free resources about the Brazil Florianopolis Mission:
- Mission address and phone number
- Mission map
- Video interviews with returned missionaries
- Missionary blogs
- Facebook groups
- LDS Mission t-shirts and gifts
- List of past mission presidents
- Cultural articles written by returned missionaries
- Survey with RMs
Brazil Florianopolis Mission Address
Here’s a recent address for the Florianopolis Mission. We try our best to keep this information up to date, but it’s a good idea to check the mission address with several sources, including your mission packet or the mission office.
Brazil Florianopolis Mission
Rua Feliciano Nunes Pires, 42
88015-220 SC Brazil
Phone Number: 55-48-3209-9001
Mission President: President Ramilfo E. Silva
Brazil Florianopolis Mission Map
Here’s a link to the mission map for the Florianopolis Mission (LDS). To access the official, up-to-date LDS.org map for the Florianopolis Mission, simply
Videos with Florianopolis RMs
Here are in-depth YouTube video interviews with returned missionaries from the Brazil Florianopolis Mission. We interview hundreds of returned missionaries each year, so check back regularly to see new RM interviews.
LDS-Friendly Videos about Brazil
Here are LDS-friendly educational videos about Brazil. We scoured YouTube to find the best quality videos about Brazil, that are free from inappropriate music, immodesty and profanity.
Brazil Florianopolis Missionary Blogs
Here’s a list of LDS missionary blogs for the Brazil Florianopolis Mission. This list includes the missionary’s name, URL and when their blog was updated.
Brazil Florianopolis Mission Groups
Here are Florianopolis Mission Groups- for LDS missionary moms, returned missionaries, mission presidents and other alumni of the Florianopolis Mission.
- Missao Florianopolis – Wallace/Bentim Group (359 members)
- Florianopolis 2005-08 (Presidente Dansie) Group (324 members)
- Missao Florianopolis POWER! 2008-11 Group (273 members)
- Missao Florianopolis- Pres. Fernandes 2011-14 Group (244 members)
- Florianopolis Pres. Peixoto e Sist. Peixoto Group (179 members)
- Missao Florianopolis 2005 a 2008 Facebook Group (58 members)
- Recem Conversos- Missao Florianopolis- 2011/14 Group (46 members)
- Jerson’s Mission! Florianopolis Brazil Mission Group (31 members)
- Florianopolis Mission Moms and Friends (LDS) Group (18 members)
Brazil Florianopolis Mission T-Shirts
Here are T-shirts for the Brazil Florianopolis Mission!
Shirt designs include Brazil Florianopolis Mission logo/emblem shirts and Called to Serve shirts. The shirts make great gifts for pre-missionaries, returned missionaries and missionaries currently serving. LDS Mission shirts come in all sizes: Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large, up to 4XL. The mission designs are printed on white shirts and are shipped to you.
*Simply click on a shirt design to view the details and submit an order. The designs on mission t-shirts may also be printed on other LDS mission gifts, including: Brazil Florianopolis missionary aprons, Christmas stockings, ties, pillow cases, teddy bears and Christmas ornaments.
Florianopolis Mission Presidents
Here’s a list of current and past Mission Presidents of the Florianopolis LDS Mission.
- 2017-2020, Mauro Gonçalves
- 2014-2017, Ramilfo Evandro da Silva
- 2011-2014, J. Joel Fernandes
- 2008-2011, Walter Queiroz, Jr.
- 2005-2008, Lamonte J. Dansie, Jr.
- 2002-2005, Guilherme T. Peixoto
- 1999-2002, Nivaldo Bentim
- 1996-1999, Lynn P. Wallace
- 1993-1996, Jose B. Puerta
- 1992-1993, Sebastiao Lourenco de Oliveira
- 1989-1992, Lyman Daniel Covington
- 1986-1989, Robert P. Swensen
- 1983-1986, Jerry F. Twitchell
- 1980-1983, Duke Cowley
- 1979-1980, Walter Guedes de Queiroz
- 1976-1979, Jason Garcia de Souza
- 1970-1973, Orson Pratt Arnold
- 1967-1970, Thomas F. Jensen
- 1964-1967, C. Elmo Turner
- 1961-1964, Finn B. Paulsen
- 1958-1961, Asael Sorenson
Brazil LDS Statistics (2016)
- Church Membership: 1,326,738
- Missions: 34
- Temples: 6
- Congregations: 2,038
- Family History Centers: 341
Helpful Articles about Brazil
Brazil Florianopolis Missionary Survey
Here are survey responses from Brazil Florianopolis RMs, to give you a snapshot into what it’s like to live in the mission.
When did you serve?
- 2003-2005 (Todd)
- 2001-2003 (Brett)
Which areas did you serve in?
- Joinville, Chapeco, Jaragua do Sul, Itajai, Cacador. (Brett)
What were some favorite foods?
- Churrasco, Brazilian pizza. (Todd)
- Churrasco, Pão de Queijo. (Brett)
What was a funny experience?
- When my companion got Dear John’d. (Todd)
What was a crazy experience?
- None. Boring mission that way. (Todd)
- Got a full beer can thrown at us. (Brett)
What was a spiritual experience?
- Connecting with people really different than myself. (Todd)
What are some interesting facts about the Florianopolis Mission?
- There are lots of European settlements (German, Polish, Ukrainian, Italian) and a Japanese settlement. (Todd)
- Lots of German immigrants, towns that speak only German. (Brett)
What was the weather like?
- Hot and humid in the summer wherever you are; pretty cold in the winter if you’re in the mountains. (Todd)
- Humid, mostly hot but cold during winter in the mountain areas. (Brett)
Any things you really like about the area/people?
- People are friendly; the place has some very beautiful places (that you visit on preparation day). (Todd)
- Friendly, giving. (Brett)
Any packing/clothing advice?
- While down there I resoled my shoes with airplane tire rubber so they’d last longer. (Brett)
What blessings did you receive from serving a mission?
- I’d just say the blessings were the experiences I had, the people I met, the knowledge I gained, and that I didn’t die. (Todd)
- Other than language skills, hard work, selflessness. (Brett)
What are some skills you gained?
- Portuguese. (Todd)
What do you wish you knew/did at the beginning of your mission?
- I was very ignorant going into my mission and that was probably a good thing. Missions basically are hard, but they are really great experiences.
Any advice/testimony for pre-missionaries going to Florianopolis?
- Not really. Lots of the time it will be hard, but you’ll make some dear friends and have some amazing experiences. (Todd)
What was a funny language mistake?