Here are free resources about the Brazil Joao Pessoa Mission:
- Mission address and phone number
- Mission map
- Video interviews with returned missionaries
- Missionary blogs
- Facebook groups
- LDS Mission t-shirts and gifts
- List of past mission presidents
- Cultural articles written by returned missionaries
- Survey with RMs
Brazil Joao Pessoa Mission Address
Here’s a recent address for the Brazil Joao Pessoa Mission. We try to keep this info up to date, but it’s a good idea to check the address with several sources, including your mission packet or the mission office.
Missão Brasil João Pessoa
Rua João Amorim, 429
58013-310 João Pessoa – PB
Phone Number: 55-83-3225-2979
Mission President: President Xavier Dias
Brazil Joao Pessoa Mission Map
Here’s a link to the mission map for the Brazil Joao Pessoa Mission (LDS). To access the official, up-to-date LDS.org map for the Joao Pessoa Mission, simply
Videos with Joao Pessoa RMs
Here are in-depth YouTube video interviews with returned missionaries from the Brazil Joao Pessoa Mission. We interview hundreds of returned missionaries each year, so check back regularly to see new RM interviews.
LDS-Friendly Videos about Brazil
Here are LDS-friendly educational videos about Brazil. We scoured YouTube to find the best quality videos about Brazil, that are free from inappropriate music, immodesty and profanity.
Brazil Joao Pessoa Missionary Blogs
Here’s a list of LDS missionary blogs for the Joao Pessoa Mission. This list includes the missionary’s name, URL and when their blog was updated.
Brazil Joao Pessoa Mission Groups
Here are Joao Pessoa Mission Groups- for LDS missionary moms, returned missionaries, mission presidents and other alumni of the Joao Pessoa Mission.
- Missao Brasil Joao Pessoa Facebook Group (1,104 members)
- Missao Brasil Joao Pessoa Facebook Group (695 members)
- Missao Brasil Joao Pessoa (Geschwandtner) Group (49 members)
- Joao Pessoa Mission Moms and Friends (LDS) Group (22 members)
- Missao Brasil Joao Pessoa – RS – Gauchada Group (13 members)
- Joao Pessoa – Best Mission in the World Group (3 members)
Brazil Joao Pessoa Mission T-Shirts
Here are T-shirts for the Brazil Joao Pessoa Mission!
Shirt designs include Brazil Joao Pessoa Mission logo/emblem shirts and Called to Serve shirts. The shirts make great gifts for pre-missionaries, returned missionaries and missionaries currently serving. LDS Mission shirts come in all sizes: Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large, up to 4XL. The mission designs are printed on white shirts and are shipped to you.
*Simply click on a shirt design to view the details and submit an order. The designs on mission t-shirts may also be printed on other LDS mission gifts, including: Brazil Joao Pessoa missionary aprons, Christmas stockings, ties, pillow cases, teddy bears and Christmas ornaments.
Brazil Joao Pessoa Mission Presidents
Here’s a list of current and past Mission Presidents of the Joao Pessoa LDS Mission.
- 2016-2019, Xavier Dias
- 2013-2016, Izaias P. Nogueira
- 2010-2013, Gordon J. Hall
- 2004-2008, Atual Silvio Geschwandtner
- 2001-2004, Carlos Wizard Martins
- 1998-2001, Wilson Roberto Gomes
Brazil LDS Statistics (2016)
- Church Membership: 1,326,738
- Missions: 34
- Temples: 6
- Congregations: 2,038
- Family History Centers: 341
Helpful Articles about Brazil
Brazil Joao Pessoa Missionary Survey
Here are survey responses from Brazil Joao Pessoa RMs, to give you a snapshot into what it’s like to live in the mission.
When did you serve?
- 2002-2004 (Aaron)
Which areas did you serve in?
- Campina Grande, Mongabada, Santa Rita, Natal, and João Pessoa. (Aaron)
What were some favorite foods?
- Pastéis, Feijoada, and Farofa. (Aaron)
What was a funny experience?
- The whole zone went for a hike through the botanical garden in João Pessoa. We were accompanied by armored guards. It was really fun. (Aaron)
What was a crazy experience?
- When I lived in Caico, all the elders went for a hike up the mountain on P-day. We didn’t take enough water and it was 130 degrees by 10 AM. So on the way home, we stopped at a local’s house and they gave us, what we think was, pond water to drink. We drank it because we didn’t have much choice and we still had a few miles to go. We all got sick from it for 2 weeks. It was fun though. (Aaron)
What was a spiritual experience?
- My companion and I were asked to teach a kid that said he didn’t believe in God. So we went with some members to tech him. The member and him started to argue about God. The Spirit told both of us in a loud voice to leave. So before we left my companion told him, he could talk until he was blue in the face but it wouldn’t do any good, he just needed to pray. Two weeks later we saw him in the store and he told us we changed his life, he was going to do black magic until we came. He had prayed and got an answer. He was baptized a few weeks later so were a few of his friends. (Aaron)
What are some interesting facts about the Joao Pessoa Mission?
- There is a light house in João Pessoa where the sun hits first in all of the Americas. (Aaron)
What was the weather like?
- HOT! Summer and Summer with rain. (Aaron)
Any things you really like about the area/people?
- Even if they didn’t want to listen to our message, they would invite us in to share a meal or juice with them. Very humble people. (Aaron)
Any packing/clothing advice?
- Really good shoes. Breathable pants and shirts. (Aaron)
What blessings did you receive from serving a mission?
- A strong testimony of Jesus Christ and Joseph Smith and the power of the Book of Mormon. (Aaron)
What are some skills you gained?
- Walking long distances, patience, and how to talk to people. (Aaron)
What do you wish you knew/did at the beginning of your mission?
- How to listen and have fun while working hard. (Aaron)
Any advice/testimony for pre-missionaries going to Joao Pessoa?
- Just have fun, love the people, and rely on the Spirit. (Aaron)
What was a funny language mistake?