Here are free resources about the Brazil Recife South Mission:
- Mission address and phone number
- Mission map
- Video interviews with returned missionaries
- Missionary blogs
- Facebook groups
- LDS Mission t-shirts and gifts
- List of past mission presidents
- Cultural articles written by returned missionaries
- Survey with RMs
*Other Mission Pages: Brazil LDS Missions.
Brazil Recife South Mission Address
Here’s a recent address for the Brazil Recife South Mission. We try to keep this information up to date, but it’s a good idea to check the mission address with several sources, including your mission packet or the mission office.
This mission does not currently exist.
Phone Number: N/A
Mission President: N/A
Brazil Recife South Mission Map
Here’s a link to the mission map for the Brazil Recife South Mission (LDS). To access the official, up-to-date LDS.org map for the Brazil Recife South Mission
*Mission does not currently exist. (Browse LDS.org mission maps)
Videos with Brazil Recife South RMs
Here are in-depth YouTube video interviews with returned missionaries from the Brazil Recife South Mission. We interview hundreds of returned missionaries each year, so check back regularly to see new RM interviews. Coming soon..
LDS-Friendly Videos about Brazil
Here are LDS-friendly educational videos about Brazil. We scoured YouTube to find the best quality videos about Brazil, that are free from inappropriate music, immodesty and profanity.
Brazil Recife South Missionary Blogs
Here’s a list of LDS missionary blogs for the Brazil Recife South Mission. This blog list includes the missionary’s name, URL and when their mission blog was updated.
|none found yet|
Brazil Recife South Mission Groups
Here are Brazil Recife South Mission Groups- for LDS missionary moms, returned missionaries, mission presidents and other alumni of the mission.
- Missão Brasil Recife Sul Group (614 members)
- Missão Brasil Maceió / Recife Sul Group (308 members)
- Encontro missão são Paulo sul em Recife Group (31 members)
Brazil Recife South Mission T-Shirts
Here are T-shirts for the Brazil Recife South Mission!
Shirt designs include Brazil Recife South Mission logo/emblem shirts and Called to Serve shirts. The shirts make great gifts for pre-missionaries, returned missionaries and missionaries currently serving. LDS Mission shirts come in all sizes: Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large, up to 4XL. The mission designs are printed on white shirts and are shipped to you.
*Simply click on a shirt design to view the details and submit an order. The designs on mission t-shirts may also be printed on other LDS mission gifts, including: Brazil Recife South missionary aprons, Christmas stockings, ties, pillow cases, teddy bears and Christmas ornaments.
Brazil Recife South Mission Presidents
Here’s a list of current and past Mission Presidents of the Brazil Recife South LDS Mission.
- 1993, Mission created from Brazil Recife Mission.
Brazil LDS Statistics (2016)
- Church Membership: 1,326,738
- Missions: 34
- Temples: 6
- Congregations: 2,038
- Family History Centers: 341
Helpful Articles about Brazil
Brazil Recife South Missionary Survey
Here are survey responses from Brazil Recife South RMs, to give you a snapshot into what it’s like to live in the mission.
When did you serve?
- 1995-1997 (Pete)
- 1993-1995 (Jason)
What areas did you serve in?
- Recife, Maceio, Aracaju, and Catende. (Pete)
- Lagarto, Aracaju, Maceio, Recife, Itabiana, Palmieri do Indios, (Jason)
What were some favorite foods?
- Guarana, Breads, Pastas, Fruits. (Pete)
- Beans, rice, guarana… (Jason)
What was a funny experience?
- Pranks pulled on each other. (Pete)
- Guy walking down the street with two pig heads. (Jason)
What was a crazy experience?
- Getting robbed. (Pete)
- Had a gun pulled on us. (Jason)
What was a spiritual experience?
- Every baptism. (Pete)
- Family of 7 baptized, and the first baptism of my mission was serving a mission before I came home. (Jason)
What are some interesting facts about the Brazil Recife South Mission?
- Carnival was crazy in Recife. Recife means reef. (Pete)
- It no longer exists. (Jason)
What was the weather like?
- Tropical weather. (Pete)
- Most of the time hot, except when it was really hot. (Jason)
Any things you really like about the area/people?
- Loved the food. Very humble people. (Pete)
- Loved the people! Still do! (Jason)
Any packing/clothing advice?
- Pack for warm and rainy weather. (Pete)
- Khaki’s and short sleeve. I think I only wore my jacket once. Comfortable shoes. We walked a lot. (Jason)
What blessings did you receive from serving a mission?
- A lot of patience. (Pete)
- Stronger testimony of the Gospel, and a better understanding of the atonement of Jesus Christ. (Jason)
What are some skills you gained?
- Leadership. (Pete)
- Language, listening skills, time management, patience. (Jason)
What do you wish you knew/did at the beginning of your mission?
- How it would progress. Study harder. (Pete)
- Prepared better by taking seminary more seriously. Studied the scriptures more. (Jason)
Any advice/testimony for pre-missionaries going to Brazil Recife South?
- Same as above. Trust that the Lord called you, and will therefore qualify you. (Jason)
What was a funny language mistake?