Brazil Sao Paulo South Mission
Here are free resources about the Brazil Sao Paulo South Mission:
- Mission address and phone number
- Mission map
- Video interviews with returned missionaries
- Missionary blogs
- Facebook groups
- LDS Mission t-shirts and gifts
- List of past mission presidents
- Cultural articles written by returned missionaries
- Survey with RMs
Sao Paulo South Mission Address
Here’s a recent address for the Brazil Sao Paulo South Mission. We try to keep this info up to date, but it’s a good idea to check the address with several sources, including your mission packet or the mission office.
Brazil Sao Paulo South Mission
R. Dr. Luiz Da Rocha, Miranda 159 8* Andar
04344-010 Sao Paulo
Phone Number: 55-11-5017-5278
Mission President: President John S. Tanner
Brazil Sao Paulo South Mission Map
Here’s a link to the mission map for the Sao Paulo South Mission (LDS). To access the official, up-to-date LDS.org map for the Sao Paulo South Mission:
Videos with Sao Paulo South RMs
Here are in-depth YouTube video interviews with returned missionaries from the Brazil Sao Paulo South Mission. We interview hundreds of returned missionaries each year, so check back regularly to see new RM interviews.
LDS-Friendly Videos about Brazil
Here are LDS-friendly educational videos about Brazil. We scoured YouTube to find the best quality videos about Brazil, that are free from inappropriate music, immodesty and profanity.
Sao Paulo South Missionary Blogs
Here’s a list of LDS missionary blogs for the Sao Paulo South Mission. This list includes the missionary’s name, URL and when their blog was updated.
Sao Paulo South Mission Groups
Here are Sao Paulo South Mission Groups- for LDS missionary moms, returned missionaries, mission presidents and other alumni of the Sao Paulo South Mission.
- A Missao Brasil Sao Paulo Sul Facebook Group (351 members)
- A Missao Brasil, Sao Paulo Sul- Pres Hickman Group (283 members)
- Missao Brasil Sao Paulo Sul (Santos e Oeste) Group (282 members)
- Missao Sao Paulo Sul 1987-1990 Pres. Genaro Group (244 members)
- Sao Paulo South Mission – President Cardon Group (210 members)
- Sao Paulo Sul Presidente Neeleman 1990-1993 Group (187 members)
- Brazil Sao Paulo South Mission – Pres. Kennedy Group (170 members)
- Missionaries from Missao Sao Paulo Sul in US Group (148 members)
- Missao Sao Paulo Sul Facebook Group (137 members)
- Sao Paulo South Mission – President Beitler Group (119 members)
- Missao Sao Paulo Sul 1984-1987 Pres. Call Group (119 members)
- Sao Paulo South Mission President Hawkins Group (87 members)
- Missao Sao Paulo Sul – 1980-1983 Facebook Group (77 members)
- Missao Sao Paulo Sul 1996-99 Presidente Jones Group (6 members)
- Brazil Sao Paulo South Mission Alumni Group (3 members)
- Missao Sao Paulo Sul 1999-02 Presidente Depdy Group (2 members)
Sao Paulo South Mission T-Shirts
Here are T-shirts for the Brazil Sao Paulo South Mission!
Shirt designs include Brazil Sao Paulo South Mission logo/emblem shirts and Called to Serve shirts. The shirts make great gifts for pre-missionaries, returned missionaries and missionaries currently serving. LDS Mission shirts come in all sizes: Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large, up to 4XL. The mission designs are printed on white shirts and are shipped to you.
*Simply click on a shirt design to view the details and submit an order. The designs on mission t-shirts may also be printed on other LDS mission gifts, including: Brazil Sao Paulo South missionary aprons, Christmas stockings, ties, pillow cases, teddy bears and Christmas ornaments.
Sao Paulo South Mission Presidents
Here’s a list of current and past Mission Presidents of the Sao Paulo South LDS Mission.
- 2014-2017, Phillip Elijah Broadbent
- 2011-2014, John S. Tanner
- 2008-2011, Stephen Darrow Richardson
- 2005-2008, Jose A. Teixeira
- 2002-2005, F. Lynn DeBry
- 1999-2002, Jay B. Jones
- 1996-1999, Craig R. Hickman
- 1993-1996, Gary D. Kennedy
- 1990-1993, Stanley Neeleman
- 1987-1990, Nelson DeGenarro
- 1984-1987, Roger Call
- 1981-1984, John Hawkins
- 1978-1981, Wilford A. Cardon
- 1975-1978, Roger Beitler
- 1972-1975, Nelson Baker
Brazil LDS Statistics (2015)
- Church Membership: 1,289,376
- Missions: 34
- Temples: 6
- Congregations: 1,996
- Family History Centers: 329
Helpful Articles about Brazil
Sao Paulo South Missionary Survey
Here are survey responses from Brazil Sao Paulo South RMs, to give you a snapshot into what it’s like to live in the mission.
When did you serve?
- Jan.2012-Dec.2013 (Brock)
What were some of your favorite foods?
- Stroganoff, Brazilian Hot Dog, Feijoada (Brock)
What was a funny experience?
- I asked a bus driver if the bus passed in front of McDonald’s and he had no idea what I was saying and then I pronounced it “Mackydonalgees” and he knew exactly what I was saying. (Brock)
What was a crazy or dangerous experience?
- There was a gang that was set out against the police and our mission had to stay indoors one evening. But that was it and it wasn’t too bad. (Brock)
What was a spiritual experience?
- I met a family and asked if they had ever met the missionaries before. The mom confirmed and immediately left the room. A minute later she came back and showed us a picture from her and her husband’s baptism with 4 little kids around her. We reactivated the parents and baptized those 4 kids. The oldest boy is preparing to serve a mission. (Brock)
What are some interesting facts about your mission?
- One of the smallest missions in the world geographically. (Brock)
What do you love about the people?
- Most caring individuals in the world. (Brock)
Any packing advice?
- Take a cheap watch, good shoes that can get wet, and get a good umbrella. I also took an inflatable travel pillow and used it my whole mission. It was also handy for exchanges when I didn’t want to use another missionary’s pillow. (Brock)
What blessings did you receive from serving a mission?
- A beautiful wife!!! As well as lifelong friends and lessons that keep me close to the Lord. (Brock)
What are some skills you gained on your mission?
- Communication, patience with myself, others and God. (Brock)
What do you wish you had known before your mission?
- I packed way too much stuff and had to leave a lot of it behind. Don’t pack too much. Take pictures, write about spiritual experiences in your journal, not just what you did. And get souvenirs!!!! (Brock)
Any advice or bit of testimony for missionaries called to serve there?
- Don’t stress over the language. It will come. Practice in the MTC, but the MTC is for so much more than just language. Focus on the lessons and PMG and Portuguese will follow. You’re going to the greatest mission on Earth and don’t let anyone say anything different. (Brock)
What was a funny language mistake you made?
- In the MTC I was struggling with conjugation and masculine vs feminine words, and I said “Eu quero me casar com um brasileiro.” (I want to marry a Brazilian man!!) (Brock)