Here are free resources about the California Long Beach Mission:
- Mission address and phone number
- Mission map
- Video interviews with returned missionaries
- Missionary blogs
- Facebook groups
- LDS Mission t-shirts and gifts
- List of past mission presidents
- Cultural articles written by returned missionaries
- Survey with RMs
*Other Mission Pages: California LDS Missions.
Long Beach Mission Address
Here’s a recent address for the California Long Beach Mission. We try to keep this info up to date, but it’s a good idea to check the address with several sources, including your mission packet or the mission office.
California Long Beach Mission
6500 E Atherton St
Long Beach, Ca
Phone Number: 1-562-248-1300
Mission President: President Brian P. Patterson
California Long Beach Mission Map
Here’s a link to the mission map for the California Long Beach Mission (LDS). To access the official LDS.org map for the Long Beach Mission:
Videos with Long Beach RMs
Here are in-depth YouTube video interviews with returned missionaries from the California Long Beach Mission. We interview hundreds of returned missionaries each year, so check back regularly to see new RM interviews.
LDS-Friendly Videos about California
Here are LDS-friendly educational videos about California. We scoured YouTube to find the best quality videos about California, that are free from inappropriate music, immodesty and profanity.
Long Beach Missionary Blogs
Here’s a list of LDS missionary blogs for the California Long Beach Mission. This list includes the missionary’s name, URL and when their blog was updated.
*Send your missionary a gift (mission-specific shirts, ties, Christmas stockings/ornaments, pillowcases, etc.)
Long Beach Mission Groups
Here are California Long Beach Mission Groups- for LDS missionary moms, returned missionaries, mission presidents and other alumni of the Long Beach Mission.
- Long Beach Mission July 2004- July 2007 Group (173 members)
- Long Beach/Mission Facebook Group (34 members)
- Long Beach Mission Moms and Friends (LDS) Group (28 members)
- California Long Beach Mission (since July 2007) Group (4 members)
California Long Beach Mission T-Shirts
Here are T-shirts for the California Long Beach Mission!
Shirt designs include California Long Beach Mission logo/emblem shirts and Called to Serve shirts. The shirts make great gifts for pre-missionaries, returned missionaries and missionaries currently serving. LDS Mission shirts come in all sizes: Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large, up to 4XL. The mission designs are printed on white shirts and are shipped to you.
*Simply click on a shirt design to view the details and submit an order. The designs on mission t-shirts may also be printed on other LDS mission gifts, including: California Long Beach missionary aprons, Christmas stockings, ties, pillow cases, teddy bears and Christmas ornaments.
Long Beach Mission Presidents
Here’s a list of current and past Mission Presidents of the Long Beach LDS Mission.
- 2016-2019, Brian P. Patterson
- 2013-2016, Ryan Melvin Tew
- 2007-2011, Edwin A. Sexton
- 2004-2007, Ronald W. Evans
- 2001-2004, Roger P. Christensen
- 1998-2001, Grant L. Pullan
California LDS Statistics (2016)
- Church Membership: 773,762
- Missions: 20
- Temples: 7
- Congregations: 1,357
- Family History Centers: 222
Helpful Articles about California
Long Beach Missionary Survey
Here are survey responses from California Long Beach RMs, to give you a snapshot into what it’s like to live in the mission.
When did you serve?
- 2004 (Austin)
What were some favorite foods?
- Wahoos fish tacos, Claim jumper, In n out, Chipotle. (Austin)
What was a funny experience?
- Running into Dennis Rodman and offering him a pass along card. (Austin)
What was a crazy experience?
What was a spiritual experience?
- Hearing a soon to be baptized sister praying out loud for the first time ever. (Austin)
What are some interesting facts about the Long Beach Mission?
- One of the most populated yet geographically smallest missions in the world. (Austin)
What was the weather like?
- Heaven. 75-85 in summer, 54-60 in winter (Austin)
Any things you really like about the area/people?
- Laid back, fun loving, good sense of humor, and dedicated. (Austin)
Any packing/clothing advice?
- Short sleeve white shirts. (Austin)
What blessings did you receive from serving a mission?
- Countless, but a few would be how close I cane to Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. I had to rely only on them daily, no family or friends. It really taught me what faith really is. (Austin)
What are some skills you gained?
- Getting out of my shell, story telling, and figuring out what matters most in any situation. (Austin)
What do you wish you knew/did at the beginning of your mission?
- Cliche, but dump that girlfriend before you leave. If she’s there when you get home, great, but don’t plan on it. Instead, dive fully in to the work. Otherwise you’ll miss out on a lot of neat experiences and opportunities. (Austin)
Any advice/testimony for pre-missionaries going to Long Beach?
- A lot of people in Southern California are under the impression that they’re as happy as they’ll ever be. Exercise patience as you strive to teach them,along with the spirit, what REAL happiness is. (Austin)
What was a funny language mistake?