Here are free resources about the California San Bernardino Mission:
- Mission address and phone number
- Mission map
- Video interviews with returned missionaries
- Missionary blogs
- Facebook groups
- LDS Mission t-shirts and gifts
- List of past mission presidents
- Cultural articles written by returned missionaries
- Survey with RMs
*Other Mission Pages: California LDS Missions.
San Bernardino Mission Address
Here’s a recent address for the California San Bernardino Mission. We try to keep this info up to date, but it’s a good idea to check the address with several sources, including your mission packet or the mission office.
California San Bernardino Mission
7000 Central Avenue
Highland, CA 92346
San Bernardino Mission Map
Here’s a link to the mission map for the California San Bernardino Mission (LDS). Coming soon..
Videos with San Bernardino RMs
Here are in-depth YouTube video interviews with returned missionaries from the California San Bernardino Mission. We interview hundreds of returned missionaries each year, so check back regularly to see new RM interviews.
LDS-Friendly Videos about California
Here are LDS-friendly educational videos about California. We scoured YouTube to find the best quality videos about California, that are free from inappropriate music, immodesty and profanity.
San Bernardino Missionary Blogs
Here’s a list of LDS missionary blogs for the San Bernardino Mission. This blog list includes the missionary’s name, URL and when their blog was updated.
San Bernardino Mission Groups
Here are California San Bernardino Mission Groups- for LDS missionary moms, returned missionaries, mission presidents and other alumni of the San Bernardino Mission.
- California San Bernardino Mission Facebook Group (744 members)
- San Bernardino LDS Mission 2010-2013 Group (207 members)
- CA San Bernardino Mission (Sharp) Facebook Group (2 members)
San Bernardino Mission T-Shirts
Here are T-shirts for the California San Bernardino Mission!
Shirt designs include California San Bernardino Mission logo/emblem shirts and Called to Serve shirts. The shirts make great gifts for pre-missionaries, returned missionaries and missionaries currently serving. LDS Mission shirts come in all sizes: Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large, up to 4XL. The mission designs are printed on white shirts and are shipped to you.
*Simply click on a shirt design to view the details and submit an order. The designs on mission t-shirts may also be printed on other LDS mission gifts, including: California San Bernardino missionary aprons, Christmas stockings, ties, pillow cases, teddy bears and Christmas ornaments.
San Bernardino Mission Presidents
Here’s a list of current and past Mission Presidents of the San Bernardino LDS Mission.
- 2010-2013, Godwin
- 2007-2010, David Sanchez
- 2004-2007, Kent C. Wilson
- 2001-2004, Max A. Jensen
- 1998-2001, Michael T. Nelson
- 1995-1998, G. Marsden Blanch
- 1992-1995, Calvin R. Stephens
- 1989-1992, D. Earl Hurst
- 1986-1989, Melvin Gourdin
- 1983-1986, Kenneth Nessen
- 1980-1983, Howard Cannon Sharp
California LDS Statistics (2016)
- Church Membership: 773,762
- Missions: 20
- Temples: 7
- Congregations: 1,357
- Family History Centers: 222
Helpful Articles about California
San Bernardino Missionary Survey
Here are survey responses from California San Bernardino RMs, to give you a snapshot into what it’s like to live in the mission.
When did you serve?
- March 2009-October 2011 (Madeleine)
- 2005-2007 (Marcus)
Which areas did you serve in?
- Fontana, Muscoy, Adelanto, Rialto, Barstow. (Marcus)
What were some favorite foods?
- Mexican food. (Madeleine)
- Arepas (Venezuelan). (Marcus)
What was a funny experience?
- Driving to an appointment and being late because there was a coat on the road. (Madeleine)
- Getting stranded by fires. (Marcus)
What was a crazy experience?
- Getting surgery. (Madeleine)
- Crazy neighborhoods with violence. Guns and knives pulled in front of us (only once ON us) (Marcus)
What was a spiritual experience?
- Christmas concert where all missionaries and congregation sang Hallelujah chorus from Handel. (Madeleine)
- Working with Coptic Monks outside of Barstow. (Marcus)
What are some interesting facts about the San Bernardino Mission?
- Two distinct areas: the “Valley” and the “Desert” although I believe the boundaries now include only the valley portion. (Marcus)
What was the weather like?
- Nice and hot. (Madeleine)
- Hot and dry and more hot. (Marcus)
Any things you really like about the area/people?
- I just love them. They are willing to help. (Madeleine)
- There was always work to do, especially in the Valley. (Marcus)
Any packing/clothing advice?
- Light and colorful. (Madeleine)
- Light shirts. (Marcus)
What blessings did you receive from serving a mission?
- Knowing I am capable of doing big things. (Madeleine)
- A second language (led towards my first degree), personal gospel growth. (Marcus)
What are some skills you gained?
- Cooking cheap meals. (Madeleine)
- Butchering a goat. Wish I was kidding. Lots of cultural experiences with people from all over. (Marcus)
What do you wish you knew/did at the beginning of your mission?
- How to clean in a easy way. More scripture knowledge. (Madeleine)
- To trust in faith more. (Marcus)
Any advice/testimony for pre-missionaries going to San Bernardino?
- Enjoy everything. (Madeleine)
- Study and live the gospel. Everything else will be given to you. (Marcus)
What was a funny language mistake?