Here are free resources about the California San Francisco Mission:
- Mission address and phone number
- Mission map
- Video interviews with returned missionaries
- Missionary blogs
- Facebook groups
- LDS Mission t-shirts and gifts
- List of past mission presidents
- Cultural articles written by returned missionaries
- Survey with RMs
*Other Mission Pages: California LDS Missions.
California San Francisco Mission Address
Here’s a recent address for the California San Francisco Mission. We try to keep this information up to date, but it’s a good idea to check the mission address with several sources, including your mission packet or the mission office.
This mission does not currently exist.
Phone Number: N/A
Mission President: N/A
California San Francisco Mission Map
Here’s a link to the mission map for the California San Francisco Mission (LDS). To access the official, up-to-date LDS.org map for the California San Francisco Mission
*Mission does not currently exist. (Browse LDS.org mission maps)
Videos with California San Francisco RMs
Here are in-depth YouTube video interviews with returned missionaries from the California San Francisco Mission. We interview hundreds of returned missionaries each year, so check back regularly to see new RM interviews. Coming soon..
LDS-Friendly Videos about California
Here are LDS-friendly educational videos about California. We scoured YouTube to find the best quality videos about California, that are free from inappropriate music, immodesty and profanity.
California San Francisco Missionary Blogs
Here’s a list of LDS missionary blogs for the California San Francisco Mission. This blog list includes the missionary’s name, URL and when their mission blog was updated.
|none found yet|
California San Francisco Mission Groups
Here are California San Francisco Mission Groups- for LDS missionary moms, returned missionaries, mission presidents and other alumni of the mission.
- San Francisco California Mission Group (163 members)
- California San Francisco Mission Group (31 members)
California San Francisco Mission T-Shirts
Here are T-shirts for the California San Francisco Mission!
Shirt designs include California San Francisco Mission logo/emblem shirts and Called to Serve shirts. The shirts make great gifts for pre-missionaries, returned missionaries and missionaries currently serving. LDS Mission shirts come in all sizes: Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large, up to 4XL. The mission designs are printed on white shirts and are shipped to you.
*Simply click on a shirt design to view the details and submit an order. The designs on mission t-shirts may also be printed on other LDS mission gifts, including: California San Francisco missionary aprons, Christmas stockings, ties, pillow cases, teddy bears and Christmas ornaments.
California San Francisco Mission Presidents
Here’s a list of current and past Mission Presidents of the California San Francisco LDS Mission.
- 2009, Oakland Mission and San Francisco Mission joined to create the California Oakland/San Francisco Mission.
- 2007-2009, James Keller
- 2003-2006, Jerald L. Wagstaff
- 2000-2003, John L. Blood
- 1997-2000, Robert R. Sorenson
- 1994-1997, Phil K. Smartt
- 1974-1977, Dale Russon
- 1971-1974, Gordon Crandall
California LDS Statistics (2016)
- Church Membership: 773,762
- Missions: 20
- Temples: 7
- Congregations: 1,357
- Family History Centers: 222
Helpful Articles about California
California San Francisco Missionary Survey
Here are survey responses from California San Francisco RMs, to give you a snapshot into what it’s like to live in the mission.
When did you serve?
- 1997-1999 (Brannon)
What areas did you serve in?
- San Francisco, San Mateo, Palo Alto, Sausalito, Rhonert Park, Petaluma, San Bruno. (Brannon)
What were some favorite foods?
- South Mission Burritos, Crepes. (Brannon)
What was a funny experience?
- A man we taught kept slapping the Book of Mormon on his forehead to demonstrate his point. Another man told me that Christ visited the Americas on July 24th. When asked how he knew, he replied that as Joseph was called of God, so was he called of God. AND his name was Joseph.(Brannon)
What was a crazy experience?
- Two men were dumping water on us from a balcony and screaming obscenities and “tongues” while we walked around an apartment complex. We had a weirdo chase us down in Haight Ashbury that had his fists clenched to hit us. We had a nazi sympathizer threaten to blow our heads off. Twice, while on splits with Elder Fonua one year apart in different areas. He tried multiple times to kick Elder Fonua. (Brannon)
What was a spiritual experience?
- Praying about which road to tract on and finding a family that we baptized. They replied how quick we were because they had filled out a referral card at Temple Square. We never got the referral. (Brannon)
What are some interesting facts about the California San Francisco Mission?
- Some of the wealthiest people in the world live in San Francisco. It’s also one of the most scenic cities in the world. (Brannon)
What was the weather like?
- Foggy and chilly near the city. 75 degrees south of the city. (Brannon)
Any things you really like about the area/people?
- The area is absolutely beautiful. It wasn’t a big chore to tract and work. Many people were respectful of our beliefs and engaged in solid discussions with mutual respect. So many people from so many cultures all over the world. I loved learning about their language, food, customs, and traditions. (Brannon)
Any packing/clothing advice?
- It can get hot, so have short sleeve shirts. Be flexible because it can get cold and rainy as well. (Brannon)
What blessings did you receive from serving a mission?
- I learned lessons and gained relationships that can’t be obtained any other way. I learned that a mission is much quicker than you’d think, so you better make the most of every minute you’re there. Life follows that same pattern. (Brannon)
What are some skills you gained?
- I learned how to better command the English language and teach. I learned how to be an empathetic leader. (Brannon)
What do you wish you knew/did at the beginning of your mission?
- Don’t stress over the outcomes. Just work smart and hard and success will come in the Lord’s way. I was way to worked up about success. (Brannon)
Any advice/testimony for pre-missionaries going to California San Francisco?
- Learn the doctrine and be prepared to speak intelligently about what you know. You will have to defend your faith with clarity. (Brannon)
What was a funny language mistake?