Here are free resources about the Chile Santiago West Mission:
- Mission address and phone number
- Mission map
- Video interviews with returned missionaries
- Missionary blogs
- Facebook groups
- LDS Mission t-shirts and gifts
- List of past mission presidents
- Cultural articles written by returned missionaries
- Survey with RMs
*Other Mission Pages: Chile LDS Missions.
Santiago West Mission Address
Here’s a recent address for the Chile Santiago West Mission. We try to keep this info up to date, but it’s a good idea to check the address with several sources, including your mission packet or the mission office.
Alberto Llona 1580
Region Metropolitana (Santiago)
Phone Number: 56-2-531-2258
Mission President: President Christopher G. Woodward
Chile Santiago West Mission Map
Here’s a link to the mission map for the Chile Santiago West Mission (LDS). To access the official, up-to-date LDS.org map for the Santiago West Mission:
Videos with Santiago West RMs
Here are in-depth YouTube video interviews with returned missionaries from the Santiago West Mission. We interview hundreds of returned missionaries each year, so check back regularly to see new RM interviews.
LDS-Friendly Videos about Chile
Here are LDS-friendly educational videos about Chile. We scoured YouTube to find the best quality videos about Chile, that are free from inappropriate music, immodesty and profanity.
Santiago West Missionary Blogs
Here’s a list of LDS missionary blogs for the Santiago West Mission. This list includes the missionary’s name, URL and when their blog was updated.
Chile Santiago West Mission Groups
Here are Santiago West Mission Groups- for LDS missionary moms, returned missionaries, mission presidents and other alumni of the Santiago West Mission.
- Mision Santiago Oeste Facebook Group (528 members)
- Mision Chile Santiago Oeste (Best) Group (384 members)
- Chile Santiago West Mission 1995-1998 Group (345 members)
- Mision Chile Santiago Oeste Facebook Group (326 members)
- El Granero Best… Santiago West Mission Group (199 members)
- Chile Santiago West Mission 1998-2001 Group (33 members)
- Santiago West Mission Moms and Friends (LDS) Group (18 members)
- Chile Santiago West Mission! Facebook Group (14 members)
- Chile Santiago West Mission – Hadfield Group (4 members)
Santiago West Mission T-Shirts
Here are T-shirts for the Chile Santiago West Mission!
Shirt designs include Chile Santiago West Mission logo/emblem shirts and Called to Serve shirts. The shirts make great gifts for pre-missionaries, returned missionaries and missionaries currently serving. LDS Mission shirts come in all sizes: Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large, up to 4XL. The mission designs are printed on white shirts and are shipped to you.
*Simply click on a shirt design to view the details and submit an order. The designs on mission t-shirts may also be printed on other LDS mission gifts, including: Chile Santiago West missionary aprons, Christmas stockings, ties, pillow cases, teddy bears and Christmas ornaments.
Recommended Mission Prep Books
Fun fact: Brad Wilcox served a mission in Chile!
Santiago West Mission Presidents
Here’s a list of current and past Mission Presidents of the Santiago West LDS Mission.
- 2016-2019, Christopher G. Woodward
- 2013-2016,José A. Barreiros
- 2010-2013, Richard King
- 2007-2010, Paul A. Jones
- 2004-2007, Lon G. Packard
- 2001-2004, Ole M. Smith
- 1998-2001, John C. Hadfield
- 1995-1998, Ronald N. Walker
Chile LDS Statistics (2015)
- Church Membership: 579,235
- Missions: 10
- Temples: 1
- Congregations: 604
- Family History Centers: 99
Helpful Articles about Chile
Santiago West Missionary Survey
Here are survey responses from Chile Santiago West RMs, to give you a snapshot into what it’s like to live in the mission.
When did you serve?
- 2000-2002 (Andrew)
What areas did you serve in?
- Maipu, San Miguel, Lo Espejo. (Andrew)
What were some favorite foods?
- Empanadas, sopapilla pasado, anything homemade. (Andrew)
What was a funny experience?
What was a crazy experience?
- Some of the microbus rides. (Andrew)
What was a spiritual experience?
- So, so many. The people of Chile are amazing and huge believers of Christ. (Andrew)
What are some interesting facts about the Santiago West Mission?
- Santiago is a huge, modern city. It has all the conveniences of home. Great people. (Andrew)
What was the weather like?
- Hot and muggy in the summer. Cold and wet in the winter. (Andrew)
Any things you really like about the area/people?
- Everything. Such an amazing people and place. (Andrew)
Any packing/clothing advice?
What blessings did you receive from serving a mission?
- Too many to count. It shaped who I am today and set the course for my adult life. Every blessing I have now I can trace back to my mission. (Andrew)
What are some skills you gained?
- So many. You go from boy to man. (Andrew)
What do you wish you knew/did at the beginning of your mission?
Any advice/testimony for pre-missionaries going to Santiago West?
- Forget yourself and get to work. (Andrew)
What was a funny language mistake?
- Reja means gate. Raja means a swear word. I told a woman she needed to close her raja. She and my companion laughed and laughed and laughed at me. Oh gringo. (Andrew)