Free resources about the Costa Rica San Jose East Mission:
- Mission address and phone number
- Mission map
- Video interviews with returned missionaries
- Missionary blogs
- Facebook groups
- LDS Mission t-shirts and gifts
- List of past mission presidents
- Cultural articles written by returned missionaries
- Survey with RMs
*Other Mission Pages: Costa Rica LDS Missions.
Interesting facts about San Jose
- A popular breakfast dish is Gallo Pinto- beans and rice.
- San Jose is the largest city in Costa Rica and the capital.
- The Metropolitan area accounts for one third of the nation’s population.
- The city is named in honor of Joseph, the husband of Mary.
- The city’s demographics are largely European.
- Coffee is a major industry in San Jose.
San Jose East Mission Address
Here’s a recent address for the Costa Rica San Jose East Mission. We try our best to keep this information up to date, but it’s a good idea to double check the mission address with several sources, including your mission packet or the mission office.
Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0150
200 Mts Oeste de la Parque de Nicaragua
de Zapote, Edificio Esquinera
San Jose 10105
Mission President: President Randy H. Hayes
San Jose East Mission Map
Here’s a link to the mission map for the Costa Rica San Jose East Mission (LDS). To access the official LDS.org map for the San Jose East Mission:
Videos with San Jose East RMs
Here are in-depth YouTube video interviews with returned missionaries from the Costa Rica San Jose East Mission. We interview hundreds of returned missionaries each year, so check back regularly to see new RM interviews. Coming soon..
San Jose East Missionary Blogs
Here’s a list of LDS missionary blogs for the Costa Rica San Jose East Mission. This blog list includes the missionary’s name, blog URL and when their mission blog was last updated.
|Elder Aaron Lohberg||elderaaronlohberg.blogspot.com||2016|
|Elder Spencer Henry||elderspencerhenry.blogspot.com||2016|
|Sister Kiana Moon||hermanamoon.blogspot.com||2016|
|Elder Caleb Adams||eldercalebadams.blogspot.com||2016|
|Elder Tanner Nelson||eldertannernelson.blogspot.com||2016|
|Elder Austin Ferrin||elderaferrin.blogspot.com||2016|
|Elder Chase Abel||elderchaseabel.blogspot.com||2016|
|Elder Caden Neider||eldercadenneider.blogspot.com||2015|
|Sister Cassidy Cook||cassincostarica.blogspot.com||2015|
|Sister Brittany Whitman||hermanawhitman.weebly.com||2015|
|Elder Terrance Farnsworth||moabfarns2.blogspot.com||2015|
|Sister Allison Lovell||mymission.com/sisterallisonlovell||2014|
San Jose East Mission Groups
Here are Costa Rica San Jose East Mission Groups- for LDS missionary moms, returned missionaries, mission presidents and other alumni who served in the Costa Rica San Jose East Mission. Coming soon..
San Jose East Mission T-Shirts
Here are T-shirts for the Costa Rica San Jose East Mission!
Shirt designs include Costa Rica San Jose East Mission logo/emblem shirts and Called to Serve shirts. The shirts make great gifts for pre-missionaries, returned missionaries and missionaries currently serving. LDS Mission shirts come in all sizes: Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large, up to 4XL. The mission designs are printed on white shirts and are shipped to you.
*Simply click on a shirt design to view the details and submit an order. The designs on mission t-shirts may also be printed on other LDS mission gifts, including: Costa Rica San Jose East missionary aprons, Christmas stockings, ties, pillow cases, teddy bears and Christmas ornaments.
San Jose East Mission Presidents
Here’s a list of current and past Mission Presidents of the Costa Rica San Jose East LDS Mission.
- 2015-2018, Randy H. Hayes
- 2015, Renamed to the East Mission from the Costa Rica San Jose Mission.
Costa Rica LDS Statistics (2015)
- Church Membership: 44,627
- Missions: 1
- Temples: 1
- Congregations: 74
Helpful Articles about Costa Rica
San Jose East Missionary Survey
Here are survey responses from Costa Rica San Jose East RMs, to give you a snapshot into what it’s like to live in the mission.
When did you serve?
- 2014-2016 (Caleb)
What areas did you serve in?
- Esparza, Pital, La Loma, Tres Rios, Guapiles. (Caleb)
What were some favorite foods?
- Patacones, “rice and beans” (a Caribbean dish), platanitos, pastel de yuca. (Caleb)
What was a funny experience?
What was a crazy experience?
- Mid lesson a guy got mad at his mom and ended up smashing both sides of his mom’s glass table and bleeding out and then chasing us off. (Caleb)
What was a spiritual experience?
- So, so many. (Caleb)
What are some interesting facts about the San Jose East Mission?
- The East Mission touches both oceans. It was created in 2015. We used normal two-strapped backpacks the whole time. They say “pura vida” for everything. It’s the best mission in the whole world :D. (Caleb)
What was the weather like?
- Hot, humid and wet. (Caleb)
Any things you really like about the area/people?
- A very humble people. (Caleb)
Any packing/clothing advice?
- Resize- you can by many things there in San Jose, although Costa Rica is the most expensive country in Central America. (Caleb)
What blessings did you receive from serving a mission?
- A better ear for the Spirit. A love for the scriptures. A better understanding of God’s plan for me. A love of God. Helped develop all of the Christ-like attributes in one way or another. (Caleb)
What are some skills you gained?
- Be able to talk to anyone at anytime. Spanish. (Caleb)
What do you wish you knew/did at the beginning of your mission?
- Study scriptures and Preach My Gospel more. (Caleb)
Any advice/testimony for pre-missionaries going to San Jose East?
- You are the most important convert of your mission. (Caleb)
What was a funny language mistake?