Prepare to Serve – Progress Report
February’s been a crazy busy month! Working with the interns has been more productive and creative than ever, but also very busy and at times exhausting! 🙂
This month we interviewed close to 10 returned missionaries each week, including: Stephen Jones (comedian), Stacey Harkey (Studio C), Dan Swiss (events planner), Justin Ahlman (photographer), Tyler Castleton (LDS Musician/Producer) and our first senior couple, the Lombardis! We also “cracked the code,” so to speak on how to get Pinterest referral traffic. While we only got 487 referral visits from Pinterest in January, we got 4,654 referral visits in February.
This month we held our first focus group with a half dozen pre-missionaries and received valuable feedback on Preparetoserve.com. We may change the website theme in March, to make it more user-friendly- easier to navigate, faster to load, etc.
Here are some other things that happened in February:
- Our “Friends of LDS Missionaries,” (Google Plus community) grew to about 2,051 members (up from about 1,960 last month).
- Our YouTube Channel subscribers grew to about 1,063 (up from 890 last month).
- We gained about 80 followers on Twitter, 850 followers on Pinterest, 173 followers on YouTube and 250 followers on Facebook.
- We uploaded our 3,200th video to YouTube.
- We were featured on Idaho’s KMVT in this TV/web news story.
- We created several original Prepare to Serve memes.
- We transcribed quite a few video interview segments.
Things to expect in March:
- 30 video interviews with returned missionaries.
- 1,000-1,700 visits/day.
- 5 cultural articles/mission prep articles written by RMs.
- Growth in Pinterest referral traffic (50-300 referral visits/day).
- Interviews with four high-profile Latter-day Saints.
- Creation of Mission Maps resource.
PreparetoServe.com – Traffic Report
Website Analytics – February 2014
Unique visitors: 27,811 (last month= 23,513)
Visits: 36,919 (last month= 32,369)
Page views: 78,914 (last month= 76,820)
New visitors: 67.9% (last month= 65.3%)
Returning visitors: 32.1% (last month= 34.7%)
Top Cities (visitors):
- Salt Lake City
- South Jordan
- Makati City
- St. George
- American Fork
- Los Angeles
Search visits: 25,761 (last month= 25,506)
Referral visits: 1,597 (last month= 1,407)
Direct visits: 4,067 (last month= 3,890)
Social visits: 5,732 (last month= 1,565)
Top Referring Websites:
- Mormon Missions Exposed
- LDS Smile
- Mission Home
- Google Plus
- The Returned Missionary
- Deseret News
- Utah Valley 360
- Mormon Life Hacker
- Kinsey Eborn
- Mission Site
- 40 Days and 40 Nights Challenge
- My Family
Website all-time stats (November 2012-February 2014)
Unique visitors: 155,927
Total visits: 222,832
Total page views 487,740
YouTube Analytics – February 2014
Total subscribers: 1063 (last month= 890)
Total video interview segments: 3,234 (last month= 2,942)
February video views: 60,566 (last month= 70,220)
February view time (in minutes): 100,909 (last month= 111,768)
YouTube Analytics – All-Time (March 2012-February 2014)
Total video views: 344,920
Total view time (in minutes): 503,954