Prepare to Serve – Progress Report
February was a great month!
So far we’ve conducted about 460 video interviews with returned missionaries. This month we simplified and updated the website. We went from about 160 sub-domains to one domain. It took more than 2,000 redirects to make the change. Though I thought the change would make our website traffic decrease, it seems our web traffic has been slightly higher since the change.
We’ve been continuing to work on social media, mission pages, interviewing returned missionaries, etc. We’ve been updating the mission blog indexes, since that is a major reason people visit preparetoserve.com.
Some things coming up in March
- Adding links to Sponsor websites at the top of each page of website (should greatly increase referral traffic to our sponsors).
- Conducting and uploading video interviews with returned missionaries (about 30-40).
- Growing our social media presence on Facebook, Pinterest and YouTube.
- Updating Mission Blog indexes.
- Talking about Prepare to Serve in a few mission prep classes at BYU.
PreparetoServe.com – Traffic Report
Website Analytics – February 2015
- Unique visitors: 40,198 (last month= 41,725)
- Visits: 54,977 (last month= 57,666)
- Page views: 126,583 (last month= 138,404 )
- New visitors: 64.9% (last month= 64.2%)
- Returning visitors: 35.1% (last month= 35.1%)
Top Cities (visitors):
- Salt Lake City
- Quezon City
- South Jordan
- Los Angeles
- Cebu City
- Las Vegas
- San Francisco
- American Fork
- Search visits: 39,621 (last month= 41,536)
- Referral visits: 2,245 (last month= 2,199)
- Direct visits: 8,828 (last month= 8,166)
- Social visits: 4,283 (last month= 5,762)
Top Referring Websites:
- Sugar Doodle
- LDS Smile
- Mormon Missions Exposed
- Mission Home
- BYU Universe
Website all-time stats (November 2012-February 2015)
- Unique visitors: 569,629
- Total visits: 862,227
- Total page views 1,955,232
YouTube Analytics – February 2015
- Total subscribers: about 6,430 (last month= 5,580)
- Total video interview segments: about 7,121 (last month= 6,742)
- February video views: 615,262 (last month= 504,252)
- February view time (in minutes): 1,324,893 (last month= 1,107,436)
YouTube Analytics – All-Time (March 2012-February 2015)
- Total video views: 3,382,955
- Total view time (in minutes): 6,989,243