Prepare to Serve – Progress Report
January’s been an exciting month!
This month we started receiving help from five BYU interns who each contribute 7-9 hours/week to help build Prepare to Serve! In the middle of the month we began using Google’s URL shortener to track referral visits to our sponsors and make social media shout-outs for them. We also discovered new techniques to help increase website referral traffic from Pinterest. We also interviewed several well-known Latter-day Saints in the valley and have started really picking up the pace of production.
Here are some other things that happened in January:
- Our “Friends of LDS Missionaries,” (Google Plus community) grew to about 1,960 members (up from about 1,860 last month).
- Our YouTube Channel subscribers grew to about 890 (up from 740 last month).
- We gained about 80 followers on Twitter, 500 followers on Pinterest, 150 followers on YouTube and 30 followers on Facebook.
- We uploaded our 2,900th video to YouTube.
- We networked with several LDS bloggers- writing guest posts and receiving guest posts on missionary work.
Things to expect in February:
- 40 hour-long video interviews with returned missionaries.
- 900-1,400 visits/day.
- 25 cultural articles/mission prep articles written by RMs.
- Growth in Pinterest referral traffic (up to 50-100 referral visits/day).
- Interviews with four high-profile Latter-day Saints.
- Creation of Mission Maps resource.
PreparetoServe.com – Traffic Report
Website Analytics – January 2014
Unique visitors: 23,513 (last month= 18,572)
Visits: 32,369 (last month= 25,452)
Page views: 76,820 (last month= 60,253)
New visitors: 65.3% (last month= 65.7%)
Returning visitors: 34.7% (last month= 34.3%)
Top Cities (visitors):
- Salt Lake City
- Makati City
- South Jordan
- St. George
- American Fork
- West Jordan
- Idaho Falls
- Los Angeles
Search visits: 25,506 (last month= 20,824)
Referral visits: 1,407 (last month= 824)
Direct visits: 3,890 (last month= 2,626)
Social visits: 1,565 (last month= 1,175)
Top Referring Websites:
- LDS Media Talk
- LDS Smile
- Mormon Missions Exposed
- Mission Home
- Google Plus
- Utah Valley 360
- Deseret News
- Mission Site
- Kinsey Eborn
- 40 Days and 40 Nights
- LDS Living
- The Idea Door
- Morsels of Bread
- I Love The Book of Mormon
- Your LDS Blog
Website all-time stats (November 2012-January 2014)
Unique visitors: 130,864
Total visits: 185,913
Total page views 408,826
YouTube Analytics – January 2014
Total subscribers: 890 (last month= 740)
Total video interview segments: 2,942 (last month= 2,764)
January video views: 70,220 (last month= 43,231)
January view time (in minutes): 111,768 (last month= 60,985)
YouTube Analytics – All-Time (March 2012-January 2014)
Total video views: 284,354
Total view time (in minutes): 402,923