Prepare to Serve – Progress Report
March has been a wonderful month!
We had our first month with an average of more than 2,000 visits to the website per day and at least 2,000 video views per day. We also had our first month with an average of more than 1,000 search engine visits per day. We also grew our Facebook and Pinterest following by over 1,500 followers. We’ve been networking with people who have large followings on Facebook and collaborating with them (about 50-300K followers).
Here are some other things that happened in March:
- Our “Friends of LDS Missionaries,” (Google Plus community) grew to about 2,155 members (up from about 2,051 last month).
- Our YouTube Channel subscribers grew to about 1,275 (up from 1,063 last month).
- We gained about 40 followers on Twitter, 880 followers on Pinterest, 212 followers on YouTube and 650 followers on Facebook.
- We uploaded our 3,400th video to YouTube.
- We transcribed several video interview segments.
- I gave a talk in the BYU Varsity Theatre about sharing the Gospel online.
Things to expect in April:
- 20 video interviews with returned missionaries.
- 1,250-1,800 visits/day.
- A booth at BYU for several days.
- Collaboration with SugarDoodle.net.
- Updating of the mission blog indexes.
- Scheduling 30+ blog posts on travel topics (from video transcriptions).
- Video interviews representing 5-7 countries we don’t have yet represented (places like India, Kenya, etc.).
PreparetoServe.com – Traffic Report
Website Analytics – March 2014
Unique visitors: 48,383 (last month= 27,811)
Visits: 62,024 (last month= 36,919)
Page views: 118,804 (last month= 78,914)
New visitors: 72.1% (last month= 67.9%)
Returning visitors: 27.9% (last month= 32.1%)
Top Cities (visitors):
- Salt Lake City
- South Jordan
- St. George
- American Fork
- Los Angeles
Search visits: 32,279 (last month= 25,761)
Referral visits: 1,477 (last month= 1,597)
Direct visits: 8,304 (last month= 4,067)
Social visits: 19,964 (last month= 5,732)
Top Referring Websites:
- Mission Home
- Mormon Missions Exposed
- LDS Media Talk
- LDS Smile
- Google Plus
- Deseret News
- Utah Valley 360
- LDS Living
- Mormon Life Hacker
- The Idea Door
- Idaho Press
Website all-time stats (November 2012-March 2014)
Unique visitors: 200,620
Total visits: 284,856
Total page views 606,544
YouTube Analytics – March 2014
Total subscribers: 1275 (last month= 1063)
Total video interview segments: 3,420 (last month= 3,234)
March video views: 94,541 (last month= 60,566)
March view time (in minutes): 201,514 (last month= 100,909)
YouTube Analytics – All-Time (March 2012-March 2014)
Total video views: 445,617
Total view time (in minutes): 718,059