March’s been a super busy month!
As we’re nearing the end of the semester, here’s a list of the good stuff our team has worked on since January 2016.
- Conducted/uploaded about 50-55 video interviews with returned missionaries.
- Interviewed eight well-known RMs (Artist, Singing YouTuber, LDSDaily and LDSBookstore leaders, Vocal Point guy, Pianist, Disney Movie YouTuber).
- Grew 31-day YouTube viewership from 856,588 views to 957,044 (increase in 100,000 views/month or about 12% growth in viewership).
- Edited/published about 2,000 surveys (probably over 1 million new words of new website content).
- Grew Email Newsletter via surveys by about 1,200 email addresses.
- Changed website theme.
- Changed YouTube channel navigation.
- Created about a dozen compilation/travel videos.
- Created a 60-90 second commercial (almost done).
- Created six foreign language weekly vlog youtube channels (this took a substantial amount of time away from working on Prepare to Serve, which was unanticipated, it was part of my new Utah Valley online mission calling).
- Zeroed down on Lifey- plans, how to make it sustainable, etc.
- Upgraded our camera and mic set up (about $1500 to upgrade).
- Grew FB likes from about 11,000 to 16,000, primarily by discovering new ‘invite to like page’ feature.
- Created brochures with survey information.
- Brainstormed what a Prepare to Serve app would look like.
- Grew our YouTube subscribers by about 5,000 subscribers.
- Experimented with Facebook marketing for mission shirts.
- Networked with YouTubers/small business owners (got several YouTubers closer to interviewing: Devin Super Tramp, What’s Inside, Jared Mecham, Studio C guy, King of Random, Parkour guy, etc.)
- Interviewed RMs from about 31 missing missions.
- Improved website google Adsense revenue, by switching website theme and actually reducing ad clutter on website (probably increased by about 50%).
- Figured out a way to get into a home in Provo (since our personal finances/well-being relate to the success of Prepare to Serve).
- Researched lots of video equipment.
- Researched 360 degree video set-ups.
- Updated about two dozen mission blog indexes.
- Created 65 old mission page. Will link to them once they’re built out.
This summer I’m planning on working like crazy to continue to build out Prepare to Serve. I’m doing a work sprint on Prepare to Serve, through the end of August 2016. In September 2016 I intend to make a transition to working on Prepare to Serve part time and Lifey full-time. I’ve discovered a way to by myself produce 5-10 3-hour long, browsable video Life Histories/day. In theory that is- we’ll see how many I’m able to do 🙂 . The vision is to provide 10s of thousands of life histories in Lifey video format over the next 20 years. The service is planned to be free, with an invited pledged monthly donation, through a service like Patreon.
Here’s the stats for March!
PreparetoServe.com – Traffic Report
Website Analytics – March 2016
- Users: 52,188 (last month=49,349)
- Sessions: 69,789 (last month=65,388)
- Page views: 130,337 (last month=123,688 )
- New visitors: 66.5% (last month=67.2%)
- Returning visitors: 33.5% (last month=32.8%)
Top Cities (visitors):
- Salt Lake City
- Los Angeles
- Quezon City
- South Jordan
- West Jordan
- Search visits: 53,227 (last month=49,028)
- Referral visits: 1,802 (last month=1,622)
- Direct visits: 11,555 (last month=10,487)
- Social visits: 3,205 (last month=4,251)
Top Referring Websites:
- Mormon Missions Exposed
- LDS Missionaries
- Mission Home
- LDS Media Talk
- Deseret News
Website all-time stats (November 2012-March 2016)
- Users: 1,176,217
- Sessions: 1,789,333
- Page Views: 3,845,337
YouTube Analytics – March 2016
- Total subscribers: about 21,500 (last month=20,200)
- Total video interview segments: about 10,900 (last month=10,600)
- March video views: 957,902 (last month= 957,248)
- March view time (in minutes): 2,128,197 (last month= 2,211,289)
Lifetime YouTube Analytics
- Total video views: 14,092,660
- Total view time (in minutes): 31,462,392 (about 60 years in view time)