Prepare to Serve – Progress Report
May’s been a good month. I tried to do a couple video interviews each week on top of doing an internship I need to complete for graduation. This month we had less visitors than last month- this is because of the big spike we had one day last month when we received about 5,000 visitors in one day.
While some of the numbers are lower than last month, the website has been growing. We decided this month to restructure the titles of our YouTube interview clips to be more descriptive. Perhaps the fastest growth we saw this month was in YouTube video views- it went from about 3,500 views in April to about 7,000 views in May. I suspect the number of people we reach through video interview clips will steadily increase each month.
Up to date we have about 9,346 mission prep and travel videos embedded on the website.
Other happenings this month:
- Our “Friends of LDS Missionaries,” (Google Plus community) grew to over 600 members (about 330 last month).
- We found out about and wrote articles on up and coming missionary mobile apps and using Skype in the MTC.
- I wrote down my testimony and compiled a list of events I feel have helped us be able to pursue this mission preparation website (tender mercies, if you will).
- LDSMag.com and MormonWoman.org linked to Prepare to Serve.
- My wife installed a useful WordPress plugin called “N-relate”, which suggest articles to read at the end of each article. This significantly increased the average number of page views per visitor.
PreparetoServe.com – Traffic Report
Website Analytics – May 2013
Unique visitors: 6,434 (last month= 10,996)
Visits: 7,854 (last month= 12,560)
Page views: 16,984 (last month= 19,763)
New visitors: 76.8% (last month= 85%)
Returning visitors: 23.2% (last month= 15%)
Top Cities (visitors):
- Salt Lake City
- West Jordan
- Los Angeles
- St. George
- South Jordan
- Idaho Falls
- San Fransisco
- Las Vegas
- American Fork
Search visits: 3,680 (last month= 3,864)
Referral visits: 1,978 (last month= 5,806)
Direct visits: 2,196 (last month= 2,890)
Top Referring Websites:
- Meridian Magazine
- Cougar Board
- Google Plus
- LDS Living
- Google Plus
- Modern Mormon Men
- OS Mormons
- Just For The Sisters blog
- Mormon Woman
- Mormon Life Hacker
- Mormon Haven
Website all-time stats (November 2012-May 2013)
Unique visitors: 29,092
Search visits: 12,078
Referral visits: 13,930
Direct visits: 10,441
YouTube Analytics – May 2013
Total subscribers: 141
Total video interview segments: 1,028
May’s video views: 7,050 (last month= 3,604)
May’s view time (in minutes): 6,050 (last month= 2,510)
Prepare to Serve – Financial Report
Sponsorship/Donations – May 2013
- DearElder.com sponsorship: $100/month
- CTR Clothing sponsorship: $100/month
- LDSBookstore.com sponsorship: $100/month
- Cover Me Modest sponsorship: $100/month
Approximate total sponsorship: $400