Free resources about the Mexico Cancun Mission:
- Mission address and phone number
- Mission map
- Video interviews with returned missionaries
- Missionary blogs
- Facebook groups
- LDS Mission t-shirts and gifts
- List of past mission presidents
- Cultural articles written by returned missionaries
- Survey with RMs
*Other Mission Pages: Mexico LDS Missions.
Mexico Cancun Mission Address
Here’s a recent address for the Mexico Cancun Mission. We try to keep this information up to date, but it’s a good idea to check the address with several sources, including your mission packet or the mission office.
Avenida Chichenitza s/n, Mz9, Lote 1
Colonia Benito Juárez
C.P. 77569 Cancún, Quintana Roo
Phone Number: 52-998-206-3415
Mission President: President Miguel A. Reynoso López
Mexico Cancun Mission Map
Here’s a link to the mission map for the Mexico Cancun Mission (LDS). To access the official, up-to-date LDS.org map for the Cancun Mission:
Videos with Mexico Cancun RMs
Here are in-depth YouTube video interviews with returned missionaries from the Mexico Cancun Mission. We interview hundreds of returned missionaries each year, so check back regularly to see new RM interviews.
LDS-Friendly Videos about Mexico
Here are LDS-friendly educational videos about Mexico. We scoured YouTube to find the best quality videos about Mexico, that are free from inappropriate music, immodesty and profanity.
Mexico Cancun Missionary Blogs
Here’s a list of LDS missionary blogs for the Mexico Cancun Mission. This list includes the missionary’s name, URL and when their blog was updated.
|Mexico Cancun Mission||cancunmexicomission.blogspot.com||2017|
|Elder Preston Fowler||elderprestonfowler.blogspot.com||2017|
|Elder Drew Carson||elderdrewcarson.blogspot.com||2017|
|Sister Kelsey Schwartz||hermanakelseyschwartz.blogspot.com||2017|
|Sister Jodi Mikolajcik||mymission.com/sisterjodimikolajcik||2016|
|Elder Cory Ward||missionsite.net/eldercoryward||2016|
|Elder Dawson Strate||dawsonstrate.blogspot.com||2016|
|Sister Natalie Newman||jasonnatalienewman.blogspot.com||2016|
|Elder Alec Marchant||alecmarchantmissionary.blogspot.com||2015|
|Elder Spencer Ochsner||elderoh.blogspot.com||2014|
|Elder Joseph Bailey||elderjosephbailey.blogspot.com||2014|
|Sister Whitney Christensen||mymission.com/sisterwhitneychristensen||2014|
|Elder Adam Shurtliff||adamisinmexico.blogspot.com||2014|
Mexico Cancun Mission Groups
Here are Mexico Cancun Mission Groups- for LDS missionary moms, returned missionaries, mission presidents and other alumni of the Cancun Mission.
- Cancun Mission Moms and Friends (LDS) Group (61 members)
- Mision Mexico Cancun Facebook Group (41 members)
Mexico Cancun Mission T-Shirts
Here are T-shirts for the Mexico Cancun Mission!
Shirt designs include Mexico Cancun Mission logo/emblem shirts and Called to Serve shirts. The shirts make great gifts for pre-missionaries, returned missionaries and missionaries currently serving. LDS Mission shirts come in all sizes: Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large, up to 4XL. The mission designs are printed on white shirts and are shipped to you.
*Simply click on a shirt design to view the details and submit an order. The designs on mission t-shirts may also be printed on other LDS mission gifts, including: Mexico Cancun missionary aprons, Christmas stockings, ties, pillow cases, teddy bears and Christmas ornaments.
Mexico Cancun Mission Presidents
Here’s a list of current and past Mission Presidents of the Mexico Cancun LDS Mission.
- 2016-2019, Miguel A. Reynoso López
- 2013-2016, Dale B. Kirkham Jr.
Mexico LDS Statistics (2015)
- Church Membership: 1,368,475
- Missions: 34
- Temples: 12
- Congregations: 1,998
- Family History Centers: 268
Helpful Articles about Mexico
Mexico Cancun Missionary Survey
Here are survey responses from Mexico Cancun RMs, to give you a snapshot into what it’s like to live in the mission.
When did you serve?
- 2014-2015 (Katie)
- 2014-2015 (Whitney)
Which areas did you serve in?
What were some favorite foods?
- Panuchos, milllanesa, frijol con puerco, espagueti verde, etc. (Katie)
What was a funny experience?
- Well when I started the mission, I didn’t know any Spanish so I think all the mix up of words made me and the native speakers all laugh ♡. (Katie)
What was a crazy experience?
- When I was in my 3rd area, my wallet was robbed. Thankfully, the church reimburses stolen money and stolen items when at all possible. (Katie)
What was a spiritual experience?
- I think just working and teaching so many people every day there was a spiritual experience. (Katie)
What are some interesting facts about the Cancun Mission?
- Most natives speak Mayan not Spanish. We can go to the ruins/archaeological sites on our prepareation days. There is no temple in our mission so we are not permitted to go for a year and a half or 2 years. (Katie)
What was the weather like?
- Heat, heat and more heat with the occasional tropical rain storm that lasted a few hours and then it was hot again and humid! (Katie)
Any things you really like about the area/people?
- Everything! The people are so loving and friendly and the area I was in was totally safe :). (Katie)
Any packing/clothing advice?
- Roll your clothes and don’t buy too many trinkets and what not because then your bag will be overweight when you travel. Try to just use 1 big suitcase and a carry-on instead of two. Most of the native missionaries only are allowed 1 suitcase so it helps them know in a simple way that we are equal. (Katie)
What blessings did you receive from serving a mission?
- I strengthened my testimony and was able to be converted to the gospel. Also I have seen the blessings in my family, my mom now has a job thay pays well so she can support the family and my less active brother has started to do Family Home Evening with us and go to church once in a while. (Katie)
What are some skills you gained?
- People Skills. Patience. Love. Painting. Laying floor. Cementing walk and drive ways. Cooking. (Katie)
What do you wish you knew/did at the beginning of your mission?
- I wish I had studied the lessons more before the mission. I also wish I had opened my mouth to talk with everyone. (Katie)
Any advice/testimony for pre-missionaries going to Cancun?
- This mission is filled with miracles and if you are willing to be diligent, exactly obedient, and have faith, you will experience miracles both large and small every day of the mission. Honestly, the people are so prepared for this Gospel so don’t miss an opportunity to open your mouth and share what you know! (Katie)
What was a funny language mistake?
- Estoy embarazado…this means I am pregnant when what I wanted to say was I am embarrassed…Estoy avergonzada. Jabon con huesos which means soap and bones instead of ham and cheese (jamon y queso). Puedo ver la luz en sus osos.. I can see the light in your bears instead of I can see the light in your eyes (luz en sus ojos). Honestly there are a ton more but really the people only care if you love them and they want to help you learn the language ♡. (Katie)