Free resources about the Mexico Guadalajara East Mission:
- Mission address and phone number
- Mission map
- Video interviews with returned missionaries
- Missionary blogs
- Facebook groups
- LDS Mission t-shirts and gifts
- List of past mission presidents
- Cultural articles written by returned missionaries
- Survey with RMs
*Other Mission Pages: Mexico LDS Missions.
Guadalajara East Mission Address
Here’s a recent address for the Guadalajara East Mission. We try to keep this information up to date, but it’s a good idea to check the address with several sources, including your mission packet or the mission office.
Calle 18 de Marzo #3088
Col. Las Águilas
45080 Zapopan, Jalisco
Phone Number: 52-333-122-4911
Mission President: President Luis F. Camarillo Hernandez
Mexico Guadalajara East Mission Map
Here’s a link to the mission map for the Mexico Guadalajara East Mission (LDS). To access the official, up-to-date LDS.org map for the Guadalajara East Mission:
Videos with Guadalajara East RMs
Here are in-depth YouTube video interviews with returned missionaries from the Mexico Guadalajara East Mission. We interview hundreds of returned missionaries each year, so check back regularly to see new RM interviews.
LDS-Friendly Videos about Mexico
Here are LDS-friendly educational videos about Mexico. We scoured YouTube to find the best quality videos about Mexico, that are free from inappropriate music, immodesty and profanity.
Guadalajara East Missionary Blogs
Here’s a list of LDS missionary blogs for the Guadalajara East Mission. This list includes the missionary’s name, URL and when their blog was updated.
Guadalajara East Mission Groups
Here are Mexico Guadalajara East Mission Groups- for LDS missionary moms, returned missionaries, mission presidents and other alumni of the Guadalajara East Mission.
- Guadalajara East Mission- Jesperson 2009-12 Group (268 members)
- Mexico Guadalajara East Mission Facebook Group (196 members)
- Mision Mexico Guadalajara Este 2012-2015 Group (136 members)
Guadalajara East Mission T-Shirts
Here are T-shirts for the Mexico Guadalajara East Mission!
Shirt designs include Mexico Guadalajara East Mission logo/emblem shirts and Called to Serve shirts. The shirts make great gifts for pre-missionaries, returned missionaries and missionaries currently serving. LDS Mission shirts come in all sizes: Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large, up to 4XL. The mission designs are printed on white shirts and are shipped to you.
*Simply click on a shirt design to view the details and submit an order. The designs on mission t-shirts may also be printed on other LDS mission gifts, including: Mexico Guadalajara East missionary aprons, Christmas stockings, ties, pillow cases, teddy bears and Christmas ornaments.
Guadalajara East Mission Presidents
Here’s a list of current and past Mission Presidents of the Guadalajara East LDS Mission.
- 2015-2018, Jack B. Egginton
- 2012-2015 Luis F. Camarillo
Mexico LDS Statistics (2015)
- Church Membership: 1,368,475
- Missions: 34
- Temples: 12
- Congregations: 1,998
- Family History Centers: 268
Helpful Articles about Mexico
Guadalajara East Missionary Survey
Here are survey responses from Mexico Guadalajara East RMs, to give you a snapshot into what it’s like to live in the mission.
When did you serve?
- January 2011 – January 2013 (Spencer)
- February 2014-August 2015 (Dolores)
Which areas did you serve in?
What were some favorite foods?
- Tacos al pastor. Mole. Chiles rellenos. Pan dulce. Choco flan. (Spencer)
- Pazole, tacos, casi toda la comida. Seria mas facil para mi decirle cual comida no me gusto. No me gusta menudo. (Dolores)
What was a funny experience?
- My companion once used a kids slingshot in the street (from some kid) and when he tried to shoot it at the pole, he held it wrong and the rock nailed his hand. He didn’t break anything, but it left him a nasty bruise. (Spencer)
- When I said esta casada instead of esta casada. (Dolores)
What was a crazy experience?
- We heard gun shots at night when we were sleeping. (Spencer)
- Well if you’re not dumb you’re not going to be put into danger but there were a few close calls when men would follow us and we had to go a different way home. (Dolores)
What was a spiritual experience?
- Reading The Book of Mormon with investigators was always spiritual. (Spencer)
- When the area was completely dead and when my companion and I arrived we were lead by the spirit and we started contacting and working with the members. We found sooo many people. (Dolores)
What are some interesting facts about the Guadalajara East Mission?
- Morelia has more Spanish architecture outside of Spain than almost any other city in the world. (Spencer)
- I forgot them all. (Dolores)
What was the weather like?
- Eternal Spring. (Spencer)
- Warm. Hot. Really hot. You feel like your cooking hot. (Dolores)
Any things you really like about the area/people?
- Super friendly. Very funny. They know how to spend time with people they love. (Spencer)
- Well my first area I loved the members. They would always be willing to accompany us to our lessons. My second area I loved the recent converts because they had given up so much to follow Christ. I also loved the less actives…they were more willing to come with us to our lessons than the members. My last area, I really loved the youth…they had such good testimonies and the bishop was amazing. (Dolores)
Any packing/clothing advice?
- Wear long sleeves. I got less sunburn and felt cooler in long sleeves. (Spencer)
- Not really. I guess just bring good shoes. (Dolores)
What blessings did you receive from serving a mission?
- Learning that my discipleship is forever. (Spencer)
What are some skills you gained?
- Learned how to talk with people and listen to them. (Spencer)
- Not really. I guess just bring good shoes. (Dolores)
What do you wish you knew/did at the beginning of your mission?
- I wish I has been more humble and gotten along better with companions. (Spencer)
- I don’t regret anything I did. If I made a mistake, it was because of lack of knowledge. (Dolores)
Any advice/testimony for pre-missionaries going to Guadalajara East?
- Pray hard and love the people you serve. (Spencer)
- Read the Book of Mormon and study Preach My Gospel. (Dolores)
What was a funny language mistake?
- I would ask if Salsa Valentina was Spanish Gatorade. (Spencer)
- Well I kind of already told you one but here’s another one. In the middle of a meeting with our missionary leader, a missionary said “ella esta bien buena.” HAHA It was so funny that my companion and I started cracking up until the elder’s companion explained to him what it meant. (Dolores)