Free resources about the New Zealand Wellington Mission:
- Mission address and phone number
- Mission map
- Video interviews with returned missionaries
- Missionary blogs
- Facebook groups
- LDS Mission t-shirts and gifts
- List of past mission presidents
- Cultural articles written by returned missionaries
- Survey with RMs
*Other Mission Pages: New Zealand LDS Missions.
Wellington Mission Address
Here’s a recent address for the Wellington Mission. We try to keep this information up to date, but it’s a good idea to check the address with several sources, including your mission packet or the mission office.
New Zealand Wellington Mission
324 A The Terrace
Te Aro, Wellington 6011
Phone Number: 64-4-805 0490
Mission President: President Roger C. Hudson
NZ Wellington Mission Map
Here’s a link to the mission map for the New Zealand Wellington Mission (LDS). To access the official, up-to-date LDS.org map for the Wellington Mission:
Videos with Wellington RMs
Here are in-depth YouTube video interviews with returned missionaries from the Wellington Mission. We interview hundreds of returned missionaries each year, so check back regularly to see new RM interviews.
Videos about New Zealand
Here are LDS-friendly educational videos about New Zealand. We scoured YouTube to find the best quality videos about New Zealand, that are free from inappropriate music, immodesty and profanity.
Wellington Missionary Blogs
Here’s a list of LDS missionary blogs for the Wellington Mission. This list includes the missionary’s name, URL and when their blog was updated.
Wellington Mission Groups
Here are Wellington Mission Groups- for LDS missionary moms, returned missionaries, mission presidents and other alumni of the Wellington Mission.
- Wellington Mission- (Pres. Clive Jolliffe) Group (186 members)
- New Zealand Wellington Mission Reunion 2014 Group (124 members)
- New Zealand Wellington Mission 1975-82 Group (30 members)
- LDS Wellington Mission Facebook Group (17 members)
- Wellington Mission (Pres. A. Keith Thompson) Group (10 members)
- New Zealand Wellington Mission (NZWM) Group (6 members)
- New Zealand Wellington Mission Moms (LDS) Group (2 members)
Wellington Mission T-Shirts
Here are T-shirts for the New Zealand Wellington Mission!
Shirt designs include New Zealand Wellington Mission logo/emblem shirts and Called to Serve shirts. The shirts make great gifts for pre-missionaries, returned missionaries and missionaries currently serving. LDS Mission shirts come in all sizes: Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large, up to 4XL. The mission designs are printed on white shirts and are shipped to you.
*Simply click on a shirt design to view the details and submit an order. The designs on mission t-shirts may also be printed on other LDS mission gifts, including: Wellington missionary aprons, Christmas stockings, ties, pillow cases, teddy bears and Christmas ornaments.
Wellington Mission Presidents
Here’s a list of current and past Mission Presidents of the Wellington Mission.
- 2017-2020, Newman N. Soloai
- 2014-2017, Roger C. Hudson
- 2011-2014, Michael L. Kezerian
- 2008-2011, Clive R. Jolliffe
- 2005-2008, G. Michael Finnigan
- 2002-2005, David Emerson Staples
- 1999-2002, Gregory M. Capson
- 1995-1996, Keith Thompson
- 1992-1995, Harvey L. Gardner
- 1989-1992, Melvin Tagg
- 1978-1981, Albert V. Stirling
- 1978-1978, Glen L. Rudd
- 1978-1978, Rudolph H. Luckau
- 1975-1978, Stanford W. Bird
New Zealand LDS Statistics (2016)
- Church Membership: 111,141
- Missions: 3
- Temples: 1
- Congregations: 222
- Family History Centers: 51
Helpful Articles about New Zealand
Wellington Missionary Survey
Here are survey responses from New Zealand Wellington RMs, to give you a snapshot into what it’s like to live in the mission.
When did you serve?
- 2011-2014 (Jordan)
What areas did you serve in?
- Hastings, Christchurch, Palmerston North. Lower Hutt Napier Dunedin. (Jordan)
What were some favorite foods?
- Hungi. (Jordan)
What was a funny experience?
- Companion and I getting confused about what was happening only to realize that it was an earthquake. (Jordan)
What was a crazy experience?
- Definitely the earthquakes. (Jordan)
What was a spiritual experience?
- First day at the mission office and experiencing the love and protection the Savior gives us. (Jordan)
What are some interesting facts about the Wellington Mission?
- They have three of four different languages in the same sentence. (Jordan)
What was the weather like?
- Hot during the summer. But rainy and wet in the winter. The south island can get to freezing, with snow. (Jordan)
Any things you really like about the area/people?
- The array of cutters from different parts of the Pacific nations. (Jordan)
Any packing/clothing advice?
- Waterproof jacket and short sleeved shirts. Sturdy shoes and thermals. (Jordan)
What blessings did you receive from serving a mission?
- Getting closer to the Savior, learning to love myself and know my strengths and weaknesses. Knowing that the Savior loves and guides me. (Jordan)
What are some skills you gained?
- Patience, charity , learning to work with others. (Jordan)
What do you wish you knew/did at the beginning of your mission?
- Study more. Learn about the Maori traditions. (Jordan)
Any advice/testimony for pre-missionaries going to Wellington?
- Just listen to the Spirit because it’s the Savior’s work you’re doing. Be more selfless and He will bless you abundantly. (Jordan)
What was a funny language mistake?