November’s been a great month! It flew by like a whirlwind! I’ve been trying with all of my energy, it seems, to meet our goal of conducting, editing and uploading the 700th interview by the end of the year.
I don’t have too much to report for this upcoming month. It’s going to be a lot of working toward the same goals- emailing RMs, interviewing RMs, editing dozens of hours of video, uploading hundreds of video clips, sharing things on social media, collecting, editing and publishing surveys, etc.
My wife Rebecca has been designing some pretty awesome mission-specific t-shirts. We started launching some mission designs, which is exciting! We’re playing with the idea of offering customize mission-specific shirts for people.
We also met a BYU student who may create a mobile app for us within the next year. That’d be awesome! If we make an app I’d like it to have some cool features, like different ways to browse our videos and the ability to log in through Facebook and watch interviews we’ve done with your Facebook friends, mission comrades, etc.
We recently passed 10 million YouTube views on our YouTube channel and will pass 1 million lifetime users of PreparetoServe.com in the coming weeks. We also surpassed 1,000 people signed up for our biannual email newsletter (mostly BYU students from our BYU booth who opted in to receiving additional updates). I haven’t put much effort into building our email list- I will probably do that some time.
In the coming months we’ll continue to reach out to well-known RMs. We’ll also continue to gather/publish 100s of mission surveys to PreparetoServe.com.
Also, we’re fairly confident that we will be moving to Ogden, UT within the next couple years and will continue to work on interviewing RMs in Ogden and possibly also in Provo occasionally.
Thank you for reading and for your support!!
PreparetoServe.com – Traffic Report
Website Analytics – November 2015
- Users: 74,389 (last month=55,680)
- Sessions: 93,889 (last month=75,129)
- Page views: 169,939 (last month=155,414 )
- New visitors: 72.5% (last month=65.8%)
- Returning visitors: 27.5% (last month=34.2%)
Top Cities (visitors):
- Salt Lake City
- Los Angeles
- South Jordan
- San Francisco
- Quezon City
- West Jordan
- St. George
- Search visits: 49,910 (last month=52,174)
- Referral visits: 9,756 (last month=2,232)
- Direct visits: 13,935 (last month=11,175)
- Social visits: 20,288 (last month=9,546)
Top Referring Websites:
- LDS Missionaries
- Mormon Missions Exposed
- Mission Site
Website all-time stats (November 2012-November 2015)
- Users: 994,802
- Sessions: 1,517,541
- Page Views: 3,317,728
YouTube Analytics – November 2015
- Total subscribers: about 15,800 (last month=14,760)
- Total video interview segments: about 9,700 (last month=9,171)
- November video views: 820,644 (last month=791,861)
- November view time (in minutes): 1,756,447 (last month=1,735,798)
Lifetime YouTube Analytics
- Total video views: 10,115,433
- Total view time (in minutes): 22,073,924